Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Struggling with faith in His Majesty.  (Read 2168 times)

DeanM

• New User
Struggling with faith in His Majesty.
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

I am seventeen, and I've been a Rastafarian for almost two years.  But, I keep having severe doubts and keep coming and going in and out of the Rastafarian faith.  The only thing that keeps me close to the faith is my love for Rastafarian culture, and more importantly, my love for His Majesty and his teachings.  My friends seem to misunderstand my constant struggle with faith, and perceive it to be meaningless.  So I have nowhere else to go in order to seek help and guidance.  I really want my faith to be strong, but it's proving difficult.

Jah Love

RastaFox

• Regular User
  • fighting is the best way to waste time and money
Re: Struggling with faith in His Majesty.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »

in recent years I have experienced similar struggles, I overcame these struggles through a bit of soul searching
id suggest:
finding what you really value in life and see if these are values you can pursue in the Rasta faith (do your values match up)
keep yourself involved in the Rasta faith and be driven to find new knowledge about and through the Rasta faith
reassure your connection with JAH
get out in nature and really absorb the beauty of it
make sure to give thanks for all the things you are grateful to have
Give back to your community and to others

these things helped me get through a rough patch in my life I hope they help you as well
a man of god is a man of infinite ability

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »

in recent years I have experienced similar struggles, I overcame these struggles through a bit of soul searching
id suggest:
finding what you really value in life and see if these are values you can pursue in the Rasta faith (do your values match up)
keep yourself involved in the Rasta faith and be driven to find new knowledge about and through the Rasta faith
reassure your connection with JAH
get out in nature and really absorb the beauty of it
make sure to give thanks for all the things you are grateful to have
Give back to your community and to others

these things helped me get through a rough patch in my life I hope they help you as well

I think this is excellent advice!  I have been struggling also, sort of have gone to sleep for some time.  But now I'm back and on fire for love of this world that Jah has given us and rasta.  I had gotten depressed and just didn't know the reason why.  I'm still sorting that out as time goes on but this advice is basically what is bringing it all back around and inline with my core.

Stefano

• Newbie User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »

Strength, perseverance and good deeds are great.  I'm glad you guys over came your stuggles.

i think personally you can have a good faith and inquire on other peoples ad seer god while all being a good rasta.  It has to come from you mostly, what holds you down mostly?

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »

I'm now struggling with a few issues with extended family.  I feel my family is so different than them and don't see things the same way.  My parents are Christian which is great but I don't seem to have much in common with them anymore.  I'm beginning to feel a great distance from them as our lives are changing, I believe, for the better for our conscientiousness and spirituality.  My children are feeling it, too, but not understanding.

I feel sad, at times, that I must eventually cut them all off.  We will leave this country continuing our journey and retire in 4-5 years and have very little to do with them.

Ras Erik

• New User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:24:06 AM »

There are many people who are Christian in name and culture, but not in spirit.

Christ said that "if you don't hate your mother, father, your brothers and sisters, and even your own life, then you could not be his disciple. "

that He:

"did not come to bring peace, but a sword, to set a daughter against her mother, and a son against his father, so that your enemies will be they of your own household".

and that:

your "real mother, brothers and sisters were those who do the will of your Father in Heaven".

So, it's only natural that you would feel alienation towards your biological family, because that is the way God and Christ want it, so you will seek your own true self through Him, and not through your earthly parents.

Christ set the example, we walk the path, bear our crosses and find our place in His and His Father's Kingdom. . .  if we are worthy.

Emperor Selassie came as Christ in His Kingly character, to set an example, and to correct misperceptions and injustices by the power structure that has been established by His first two appearances.

His Imperial Majesty first appeared on Earth as Melchizedek the Priest of Genesis Chapter 14, who promised to make Abraham and his descendants a great nation, which he has done through the Jewish people.

Then He appeared as Jesus Christ, the saviour of mankind, and made Europe the most powerful region of peopes on Earth.

And then he appeared as Emperor Haile Selassie, to directly confront the beastly demonic powers of racist Nazi Axis Europe and Japan, and present an example to the human race as to how a true King in the Kingdom of God on Earth should conduct himself.

When you observe what Emperor Selassie said and did on Earth, you can see that He was illustrating perfectly the Bible's teachings, and those of Jesus Christ.

The Bible instructs men to "seek peace and pursue it", which is what He did when He spoke to the League of Nations and appealed to them to put sanctions on Fascist Italy, who had forcefully invaded His nation of Ethiopia.

Then He warned them that if they did not intervene then, that the same fate would await Europe, which it did, when evil Nazi Germany rose to power and threatened the world with racism, enslavement and genocide.

When you observe all of His behaviour, you can see that it aligns perfectly with the teachings of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

The way He handled evil, rebellion and sin in his Kingdom of Ethiopia and in the world at large was entirely Biblical and Christly.

If He had come right out and said that He was Jesus Christ, it would have caused "ism and schism", and confusion, conflict and hostility between peoples, so He just deferred to His Christly aspect as saviour, because "the only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ".

But Christ is Emperor Selassie, and both personages dwell within yourself, in your own consciousness, which is why meditation and smoking ganja help with finding your inner Christ self and putting it to work in the world.

surfmon~I

• Regular User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »

Many Thanks Eric for a Beautiful sharing of thoughts in words.
Blessings and Peace Bredren.

Ras Erik

• New User
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

Thank you brother.   

Peace and blessings to you as well.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.