Rasta Nicks Forum Rasta Nick's Forum - rastafarian - Reggae - Haile Selassie
December 21, 2014, 09:04:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Rasta Nicks Forum and Rasta-man.co.uk are privately funded. Please help keep Rasta Nicks Forum and Rasta-man.co.uk running by making a donation via Pay Pal - it's fast, free and secure!
Or ya could just buy some seeds
Google Custom Search
News: check out the chatroom
Rasta Nick's Forum - rastafarian - Reggae - Haile Selassie  
   Home   Help Member Map Donations Login Register  

Buy Marijuana Seeds

or go to www.seedsman.com
Buy Marijuana Seeds

or go to www.zamnesia.com

Feminized Cannabis Seeds

or go here Sensi Seeds: Original cannabis seed strains
Weed Seed Shop - Feminized cannabis seeds

or go here Weed Seed Shop: high quality cannabis seeds
Subject Statistics
Topic: Hare Krishna and Selassie I Replies: 11 posts
Read 2249 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hare Krishna and Selassie I  (Read 2249 times)
DeanM
New User

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Windows XP
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »

Is it acceptable for us Rastafarians to worship at a Krishna temple?
 Krishna has many similarities to Yeshua (Jesus), and those at the Krishna temple are very accepting of others beliefs.  Yes, we as Rastafarians are drenched in Biblical idealogy, but we also have a large number of similarities with Hinduism.
prophet777
Senior User

South Africa South Africa

Windows Vista
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

It is far much better than bowing down and worshiping some mythical Jeez-us in I opinion. Krishna, Buddha and not to mention many others are the original ones from where the bible story is stolen from. That is why you find so many similarities.

To answer your question direct - I do not see nothing wrong at all in following the ways of Krishna and that is I opinion. You are better off doing that than following some man made myth called Jeez-us.

P.S. not all Rasta are drenched in the Bible - at least not all the originals who have been in it from the beginning.

P7
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:12:49 PM by prophet777 » Logged

ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!
rastafari
Full User

Israel Israel

Windows XP
Browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

Running and your running and your running away. Only a fake "Rastafarian" would ask that question or consider himself "drenched in the bible" and only a feel-a-way weak-heart would diss king Selassie by talking trash about Jesus.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:36:30 PM by rastafari » Logged

To see your hurt would be their greatest ambition
prophet777
Senior User

Windows Vista
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »

@DeanM

Check it out out of the mouth of a real RASTA who has been it since its beginnings and not no fake wanna-be-Internet-self-proclaimed one like the one above. Go to "Rasta Chat" and check the thread "The Bible (please reason)." Go to the last postings there and check for the link I left there - it should be on the last or second last page. Get the information out of the mouths of those elders who have LIVED it since its beginnings and not out of the mouth of one who was "born yesterday" - who has no idea whatsoever what true RASTA is all about.

P7

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:21:21 PM by prophet777 » Logged

rastafari
Full User

Israel Israel

Windows XP
Browser:

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »

There's your problem right there. You think "Rasta" have "beginning". You trip up on some black political movement which even that you bring disgrace to talking like Mutabaraka is Leonard Howell. Again your so called "brethen" cant be bothered to cough in a guiding direction while you heap shame on the whole nation. And once again status-quo babylon sheep massive come claim say just to lead people astray out of pride for the foolishness they think is knowledge.

prophet777
Senior User

Windows Vista
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »

P7

Posted on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:16 PM
@DeanM

Here is an out-cut of an interview of H.I.M. Haile Selassie I :

Bill Mc Neil: "There are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a Man,' that 'I am mortal,' and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

That is why I tell you to check the link up instead of listening to some wanna-be rantings of kids who speak of things they know nothing of......Take my advice - do yourself a favor, check the link and ignore the impostor who don't even get it although the King himself said it. The impostor got things so mixed up that him think that talking against the mythos Jeez-us is like talking against H.I.M. because he believes H.I.M. to be the mythos.

P7
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:16:57 PM by prophet777 » Logged

rastafari
Full User

Israel Israel

Mac OS X
Browser:
Safari

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »

No. It is talking against HIM because He represented the honor of the bible as divinely inspired which you just slandered. But you clearly don't care or understand because such contemplation is beyond your nature as an individual.

prophet777
Senior User

Windows Vista
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »

LOL.

Just because H.I.M honors the Bible who says I have to do it too in order to honor H.I.M. ? The Bible ? LMAO. For example - just because I father is a doctor and follows the laws of medicine so I must become a doctor and follow the laws of medicine too in order to honor my father ? What type of babylonian thinking that is...Just goes to show how confused you are.
You have no idea whatsoever of what Rasta is.

Mutabaruka explains that very same thing clear in the video too and much, much more...

You are just trying to bring this thread out of its context, or already have, as you do with all other threads you pollute with your none - sense, foolish misunderstandings and misinterpretations of real and true Rasta.

Actually it is a waste of time talking to you as we all have seen on this forum so I will now cease replying to your none - sense and let you eat your heart out you impostor....

P7
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:47:34 PM by prophet777 » Logged

rastafari
Full User

Israel Israel

Windows XP
Browser:

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:05 PM »

Just because H.I.M honors the Bible who says I have to do it too in order to honor H.I.M. ?
No one I know. However when you dishonor what a King represents, you dishonor the King. Something this website has against my every effort done consistently for years. May the shame of those responsible burn them into oblivion.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:23:47 PM by rastafari » Logged

1080man
Full User

United States United States

Windows NT 6.1
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.7

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »

none of you know what RASTA is, rasta means so much to so many different people. ALL THIS VEX, starts from prophet trying to crush other peoples beliefs. respect brudda.

try to protect the houses of rastafari, no one here should be allowed to try and disprove the Ethiopian Orthodox Church (christianity at its oldest) nyahbinghi or bobo, or 12 tribes. we are here to REASON on things that are more important.
prophet777
Senior User

Windows Vista
Browser:
Firefox 3.6.8

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »

none of you know what RASTA is, rasta means so much to so many different people. ALL THIS VEX, starts from prophet trying to crush other peoples beliefs. respect brudda.

try to protect the houses of rastafari, no one here should be allowed to try and disprove the Ethiopian Orthodox Church (christianity at its oldest) nyahbinghi or bobo, or 12 tribes. we are here to REASON on things that are more important.

LMAO. I thought you don't read I posts ? That is what you said in one of your postings about/to I. So my question is - if you do not read them how is it that you are allways responding to/about them ? If you are Rasta as you say then I man ask - since when does Rasta lie ?

Besides all that I did mention, in I reply to DeanM, that this is "I opinion" not once but, 2 times. Re-read it. So not only do you lie about not reading I postings but, you do not even read them right....

But, its okay, what you said above about I, because that is just your opinion and it really does not interest I. And, also because I know that I am not the only one who sight it the way I sight it...so, raspect brudda.

P.S. Why can't you and the other one just answer DeaM's question according to your views as I have done according to mine ? Why are you all on this "prophet7 this...and prophet7 that" talk/trip ? There would be no problems if you all could just express your views and leave I name out of your mouth/writing and stop pointing fingers....Then I would not have to reply to you at all. Then there would be no "VEX". Simple as that.

P7
Posted on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:47 PM
One more thing 1080man :

It is funny that you mention the different houses of Rastafari. Why ? Well you should know that the different houses also have different views when it comes to H.I.M.

For example Bobo Shanti sight Prince Emmanuel as the re-incarnate of the Christ, the Black Christ in the Flesh. Of cause they sight H.I.M. as and Prince Emmanuel too as "Gods" and together with Marcus Garvey, whom they sight as a Prophet, those three are considered to them to be the Holy Trinity.

The Twelve Tribes on the other hand accept Yahshuwah The Messiyah/Yesus Kristos as Master and Saviour, and H.I.M. Haile Selassie I as divinely chosen by the Creator to represent him on earth. Due to the stigma associated with slavery and the false/pagan  use of the name "Jesus" by enslavers/colonialist not practicing what they preached, it is preferred to use the ancient names of The Messiah (Ha Mashiyahch) which is Yahshuwah, Yahoshua or Yahshua (original sacred Hebrew name) and/or Yesus/I-Yesus Kristos (Amharic/Ge'ez name).
H.I.M. is seen, by them, as a divinely anointed king in the lineage of King David and King Solomon. While he is considered a type/representation of The Messiyah in Kingly Character, he is not Yahshuwah The Messiyah/Yesus Kristos himself, but a representative of the everlasting Davidic covenant, which is to be fulfilled by The MessiahYahshuah/ I-Yesus Kristos when he returns as The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Yahudah).

Niyabinghi doesn't have any linkage to or relationship with Ethiopian history, it is a part of the Rastafari movement and a manifestation of the wisdom of Jah. Niyabinghi are considered the strictest mansion of the Rastafari movement in Jamaica, preaching the ideals of a global theocracy to be headed by Emperor Haile Selassie I, whom they proclaim to be the promised Messiah and incarnation of Jah, the Supreme.
Further more, the term Niyabinghi means "black victory" (niya = black, binghi = victory). It may also be spelled in a variety of other ways, such as "Nyabinghi", "Nyahbinghi", "Niyahbinghi" and so on. It was first used to describe an East African "possession cult" located in the areas of south Uganda and north Rwanda in 1700 AD. Early missionaries and anthropologists named the Uganda/Rwanda clans, the Niyabinghi Cult (of Africa), because their culture was based on the veneration of the goddess spirit, Niyabinghi . The Niyabinghi Cult is said to have thrived due to the possession of the goddess Niyabinghi through dance and religious seances.

So all these different houses as you can see have different views which is all fine with I. Every man has a right to decide his own destiny. I and I do not belong to no man made houses as I believe, and again I say THIS IS I OPINION, that these divisions are just like the divisions you have in churches e.g., 7th Day Adventist, Jehovah's Witness, Evangelist Church of God etc.,etc., All man made divisions. But, GOD is not divided. So why all these divisions ? And this is in no way a "bash out" at these houses - just a question and opinion I man have. Like I said before "everyman has a right to decide his own destiny."

It is strange that you have nothing against their different views on these matters but, against I view which is also different from the rest. All I man is doing is representing I views.

So you can go on and have your different views about I. It really does not matter what you have to say about I cause I and many more RASTA out there will still hold on to I and I views.

You know what I am beginning to think (and it has crossed I mind before) ? I think you are just "Elijah I" signing in on two different names i.e., rastafari and 1080man in order to further on an argument. But, that is just what I think and I would not be surprised if it were true...LOL.

Anyway I am not gonna argue to you or anyone else about this whole topic as this is already way out of this threads topic.

P7

@DeanM

Sorry you have to see all this bickering and "fussing and fighting" going on when all you were looking for is an answer to your question. Wish you the best in your search for enlightenment.

P7
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:19:22 AM by prophet777 » Logged

fiyahhh
New User

Philippines Philippines

Windows XP
Browser:
Safari

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 09:24:39 AM »

The Rastafari and the Hindu Yogi By Baba

~ The first announcer of Ras tafari to the land of Jamaica was named Leonard Howell who was heavily influenced by his Hindu comrades; so much so he eventually changed his name to Ganguru MahaRaja, which loosely translates to "Kings of Kings" (maha=great, raja=king). He seen HIM HSI as a Divine incarnate just as the hindu sees certain ones as Avatars, incarnations of Krisna shiva etc. in this respect HIM was not originally worshiped as a Sky God, but as a incarnation of the infinite One Divine.

~Ras tafarians were influenced not only from Africa to grow the locks, but also the Sadhu Yogi who lived in Jamaica having been brought there by the British as slaves, or indentured servents as they were called in the 18th cent. The locks are called Jatah to the Yogi and are worn as a symbol of renunciation from wordly concerns and desires. Yes, the Africans worked in the cane fields alongside their Indian brothers and sisters from early times and easily exchanged their ideas and customs due to the similarities in voudou and hindu practice.

~The Ras tafarian smokes "Kali," or "ganjah" which are Hindi names for Cannabis. Kali is the feminine aspect of the Divine and is the dispeller of ego. Ganjah is the name for the sacred river, Ganga in India. Canabis is smoked from the "Cutchie," or "chalawah" (Chala is from Jala meanings water, hence water-pipe). The Ras tafarian will say "Jah!" when smoking whilst the Hindi may say "Jai!" both sound meansing praises to the divine.

~Both the Ras Tafarian and the Yogi seek to renounce the ways of the world (Babylon). The ras tafarian began in the "Bush", in the hills away from shit-ciety. Both schools know the truth of re-incarnation, re-birth, the cycles of Life. Both schools eat Ital, or naturally, many if not most are vegan, or vegetarians.

~ Both schools (at least originally) taught and teach that "god is man, man is god" and here again I remind them that HIM HSI was never orignally seen as some sky god that would jump out and save them. Both teach that heaven and hell are states of the higher and lower mind respectively, and that Zion (Bliss, heaven) is here now on earth. Both shcools see each and every being as a part of the Divinity known by infinite names.

~ In the Yogi mind, word sound power too is the Trinity from which the whole of creation began. A U M is the trinity and is known to be the cosmik vibration that both creates and destroys the phenomenal illusionary world. A U M is the Heart Beat, the first sound ever heard when I was in Her bless-ed Womb. Likewise, the Ras tafarian beats three drums, kette funde, bass, and keeps the heart beat as "time", creating a mystikal, hypnotizing, trance-like atmosphere where the I in the I is seen with the One Eye, the Third Eye. Ras Tafarians call the Third eye the "Far I" and is the focus of meditaion and contemplation.

These are the substratum from which we may easily draw parallels between the two paths to the Self, which is the goal of all paths.

Namaste

A U M

Baba Kali Ma

I view is teachings in buddhism,hinduism ,gnostics,traditional tribal "religion" and any other mystic tradition,hence spirituality ,has more similarity or rather same goal as RASTAFARI LIVITY, than the major christians or any modern dogma based and linear thinking religion ,religions based on fear,faith,dogma,beliefs instead of knowledge that leads to LIBERATION AND ONENESS

HETEPU 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:28:56 AM by fiyahhh » Logged

JUSTICE IS A PRODUCT OF EDUCATION -H.  I.  M-
Rasta Nicks Forum

Pages: [1] K-Detection © 2007
  Print  

Jump to: