Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Homosexuals and Rastafari  (Read 6272 times)

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
Re: Homosexuals and Rastafari
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »

I guess I am confussed by the idea of a person being able to be a Rasta and not knowing it.
If you had no concept of Jah yet lived righteously would that make you a heathen? ;)
Even the longest journey starts with one step

akgrown25

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

I just wanted to thank you again for responding to my questions.
If you had no concept of Jah yet lived righteously would that make you a heathen? ;)
Perhaps it doesn't make you a heathen, but does it make you a Rasta?

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 01:48:53 AM »

but does it make you a Rasta?
Not necessarily, but that does not mean it is not possible! Since we are diverse and unique creatures it is hard to 'generalise' when are all individual. Far easier, and probably more accurate to look at every case individually. Even then, however much you scrutinize someones life in order to make a judgment you will never have their stack of life experiences that brought them to where they are today :)

Clearly we have drifted from the topic matter, but I will add this. I sincerely believe that if all the people who claimed to be Rasta and all the people who claimed to have spiritual, religious beliefs were actually living those beliefs we would have a more harmonious world. I personally believe that it is foolish to think that any 'Creator, Divine Being, God, Jah' whichever label you prefer, would look upon our lives and chastise us for signing up to the 'wrong religion'. But hey, that's only my opinion. As I said to one of my friends who is a Jehovahs Witness "If I died and was at the gates of heaven and St. Peter said, No! You are not coming in because you chose Rasta and the correct answer was the jehovahs witnesses. I would die a second time, but this time it would be of laughter!"

Maybe some here prefer the 'more militant' approach. Yet if anyone of us seeks to dominate another man then we are simply becoming the enslavers as opposed to the slaves and we have 400 years of experience to know how that doesn't work!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:55:18 AM by Rasta Nick »
Even the longest journey starts with one step

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

Yeah, Iman could not agree more! :D

One other question, I no this may sound silly but would you use mouthwash if it had alcohol in it? And also again sounds stupid but what do you brush your teeth with.... if you do?

Also you look at my post above, Babylon has also made one of dem Battys in my class! so i have to put up with them batty in I's class for the next 8 months!! Im not sure if its the same where you come from but i blame the television for all of these battys in my country, On almost every program where I lives there is a Batty!! I think it TV , Putting a blindfold over these children's eyes and making them think that it is a normal thing
      Fyah Babylon...  Yeah, Iman say this at school to the baldheads, They then said yeah but a gay man could then just give a sperm donation to a lesbian and then that women could just have the child... Haha they really just don't get the point them baldheads!!

I do not use mouthwash ben, if I may call u so, I use chew sticks to clean my teeth. I use other natural substances as well e.g. natural mouth paste. It has been proved that they are more effective than "modern tech cleaners"...in every way.

As for the battybwoy in your class - why worry about him ? You are there to learn so learn. Concentrate on what you are there for and not with who you are. If he or anyone else chooses to condemn you for your way of life then the rule is - do not get angry but, use intelligence to settle the cause. At the same time there is no need to condemn him if he does not do it to you but, if he does then, use knowledge and wisdom to overcome him. Do not hate them for what they wanna be but, just keep yourself away from the heathen and their ways and everything will be allright.

I am not saying you should hate them. The reason why I post I messages is for the enlightenment of every individual that choose the "light"...for "light" is life. This is a forum with many young people on it too so I do not see it fitting for adults to tell young people that homosexuality is okay...That is why I speak out against it. If I were to meet a battybwoy then I would "separate" I self from him by not "dealing" with him. But, But !!, if he or she had to confront I on the base of what I "know" then he or she will have a problem....Simple as that. And, oh yes, you are very right ! The media and the governments is responsible for most misconceptions in life...They try to make the wrong right through greed of money....I am sure that they themselves know it (some of them), but, they do not care for no-one but, themselves = the money they get for it. Just take a look at all the paparazzi destroying private lives for greed. LOL.

As for the "sperm" thing...LOL. Is it right for a child to grow up without their natural "establishment" ? Is it right for someone to take a child out of its natural environment just because those who do it have the cash to do it ? Why don't they invest some cash, directly, unto those families and let them take care of themselves ? They have enough ! Why don't they support instead of dividing !!? Are poor kids now the subjects of "window-shopping" for those who have none !!? Is that right ?

Sorry for the exclamation marks, ben, they are not addressed to you...just questions, that many choose to ignore, that need to be mentioned.

P7

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 04:23:06 PM
So if I read you right, prophet777, what you are saying is that being Rasta requires a combination of recognizing Jah and Selassie I as well as living right? If this is so, then doesn't that sort of contradict what Rasta Nick was saying about people being Rasta and not even knowing it? Rasta Nick didn't mention anything about Jah or Selassie I, only that an individual must live right. If a requirement of Rastafari is acknowledging Selassie I's divinity that would seem to imply that someone who sees Selassie I as divine would know that they are a Rasta. In other words, how can someone be a Rasta and not acknowledge Selassie I?  I guess I am confussed by the idea of a person being able to be a Rasta and not knowing it.

No. What I am saying is that, first you have to KNOW yourself - not just your name or who you think you are to be but, YOU. When you come to realize who YOU are then you have become the I. Step by step. No rush. As for what Rasta Nick says, well he said it himself...It is how he perceives it. I can not answer for Rasta Nick for he is man enough to answer for himself. Simple. I do not have to agree with him as well...just like he does not have to agree with I but, we have a mutual overstanding on the base of trying to do the right thing and none of us are homo. Seen ? Raspect for another is what brings us further.

Now for I view on this subject at hand, according to your questions....Well, I refuse to "believe" that anyone can be Rasta without knowing it ! :D  I speak for Iself, and not against Nick. Nick is not in the position/ not the "authority" for I to be against or for him - simple. Read on...

It is just like someone who kills a man and says "well I did not know it was wrong" - Does that make him then not guilty of committing the crime ?? Simple as that. Then another who steals and lies and says "well I did not know it would harm anyone" - Does that make it right ? Two wrongs do not make a right and neither do 3 or 4 or 5......For I it is just like every other "sin" just like stealing, fighting, lying, killing and so on...So how can one live "right" whilst doing such ?? How can one be righteous (RASTA) whilst doing what is not RASTA ???

If you claim to be Rasta because of H.I.M. then follow H.I.M. in every way and not no half and half thing. For I Rasta is much, much more...words could not explain no matter how many of them I use. For I Rasta is even beyond H.I.M. even before H.I.M. because for I H.I.M. is not the FIRST AUTHORITY. There is ONE that is even over H.I.M. and over all else. Like all other ancient peoples I man believe in the ONE SUPERIOR FORCE that is the essence of all LIFE. There is no name or explanation for that "essence" and that is why we adopt a name from those who are considered very close to that "essence" and such was seen by I and I in the being of H.I.M. Rastafari Haile Selassie I - seen ? But, it does not stop there !! It goes on......those who are not capable of "moving on" shall surely be stuck ! Simple.

But, be sure that when you move on that you are not doing no harm to no living being, be it man, woman , plant , nature or whatever....move on in "silence" of spirit. That dose not mean you have to be silent - no. It means you have to know when to speak and how to go about it. Knowledge is worth more than silver and gold.

Look here Idren..I do not go out and "bash" every homo I see - that is not I. But, I am not gonna sit here and watch whilst them come try and bash I on I forum - that is unacceptable ! I do not go on them forums and condemn them ! That is not I. So, I in return await the same raspect from them !! But, since them choose fe come up pon here and talk bad about RASTA, for what I and I follow, then they are sure to get BUN !! Without no apologies !!! BUN DEM !!

Got more questions ?

P7
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:22:17 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

benjammin

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »

Hey thanks alot prophet777,

You been a real help to I. Yeah, I was saying to my "Friends" that i did not hate them, but simply Iman just see that its unnatural, and its good to see some people agreeing with me. Also them "education" over here in babylon is brainwashing, boring, unmotivated, Its a joke, they won't teach you bout H.I.M anywhere... Even the teachers don't no of H.I.M apart from one history teacher. Aha i wonder why them nuff teach about the most highest.... Not to do that they release that it could damage there "Religious"  Beliefs or anything!!! ha. They don't teach these children about rastafari... They only let them no that we use herb and thats apparently bad?! They just decide to spend more time telling people about gays and that its ok... When them have been brainwashed by what them seen on T.V!!
t
Thanks alot to you....

Burn Babylon Burn!

trzkt

• Newbie User
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »

I was drawn to Rastafari for its attitudes of peace,
and the saying 'one love' . 
so much of what I know about it (not enough)
resonates with me so deeply. 
Of all the words Jah left with us, Love was his most important message. 

I have spent years contemplating the issue of god and homosexuality.
I refrain from judging others, as I wish not to be judged, by any save Jah himself.  When I meet him face to face,
I will know the answer to this question; is it wrong?

I have smoked herb for years, listening for answers, asking questions,
reading scriptures. 

I have come to certain beliefs, that as certain things were condemned in the bible,
such as homosexuality, and eating shellfish,
perhaps those were more messages about gluttony.  A man should not sleep with a woman unless
he is truly deeply in love with her. .  a man should not sleep with a different woman every night,
but should acknowledge the act of sex, as a sacred, special thing, reserved for those
with the powerful bond of love. 

no question, Babylon is corrupt, many people live in ways which hurt themselves and others,
television glorifies the lifestyle of throwing away moderation, television glorifies consumption and indulgence.
there are so many confusions and mistakes, so little tolerance for faiths. . . 
my brothers and sisters of mankind commit atrocities every day,
but I cannot judge when I have sins of my own, as every one of us does. 
Homosexuality should not be advocated, or advertised, in the way modern society does,
mankind should be fruitful, this is true, but I do not feel that it is ever wrong to love someone,
regardless of their sex. 

I, personally, am in love with another man, and when I listen to his heartbeat, my worries go away.   
I feel Jah Jah in my life, and in my body, the temple, and
I thank him for the joy and love he has given me. 

When I meet Jehovah, then I will know the truth,
but for now, I will only try to learn, to do good,
to do no harm, to spread a message of love, and always I will continue to listen
for his voice.
 If so far I have heard
Jah whisper a message in my selectively hearing ears,
it has been 'loving your fellow man is never wrong'.

I and I's love.  your love, my love, Jah's love, one love.

I hope I haven't been a fool,
but these are my thoughts.

peace all

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »

If Jah wanted man to love man, sexually, then HE would of only created men. Same way with women. Common sense. Jah neva made the 2 different for nothing - simple.
If you really feel Jah in your temple then you would not pollute your temple by partaking in that what is not natural for your temple. You would raspect every part of your temple and use every part of your temple for what it was made for. The "backside" was surely made for waste i.e., disposal of used food and gases and not for sexual activities...Simple as that. I and I don't need no Bible fe tell I and I that. It is just common sense. When Rasta speak about "one love" then we do not mean it in a sexual way. It is the feeling of the heart. That is why it is possible for I and I to love our Idrens - heartically and not sexually.
Heart-ical love has nothing at all to do with sex. Remember it is called "one love, one heart" and not "one love, one sex". Don't get it twisted.

If Jah had really wanted for man to sleep with man then I am very sure HE would have given/supplied man with the "instrument" that the woman has as well but, that is not the case so.....

Another thing I man just want to mention/ask : why babylon go ban reggae artists who speak out openly against it but, at the same time allow the pope (who is also against it) to visit them countries ?? LOL.
Hypocrites !! So why them nah ban them churches ? Why them nah ban the priests in them churches who also speak out against it ?? I guess it is because a lot of the church priests are pedophile homos too. Babylon is the greatest hypocrites and liars pon earth. As is said "they put good for bad and bad for good, wrong for right and right for wrong" and that is very clear to see for those who have eyes to see...

P7

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:32:19 PM by prophet777 »

benjammin

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

Yeah... Iman gettin a bit bored of the gay,batty thing now... I think we have all came to the conclusion that its not natural,now and never will be....

Another thing I man just want to mention/ask : why babylon go ban reggae artists who speak out openly against it but, at the same time allow the pope (who is also against it) to visit them countries ?? LOL.
Hypocrites !! So why them nah ban them churches ? Why them nah ban the priests in them churches who also speak out against it ?? I guess it is because a lot of the church priests are pedophile homos too. Babylon is the greatest hypocrites and liars pon earth. As is said "they put good for bad and bad for good, wrong for right and right for wrong" and that is very clear to see for those who have eyes to see...

P7

But yes but i mean the pope is clearly the chosen one! ahaha. I think they let the pope go round in his little mobile car thing because the religion is popualr over here and babylon scared in case they outrage the pedophile priests  more and then they might feel some more children up! But joking apart i think its coz of the religion is popular here... 

They allow people to speak out, but not about this why? ... Another thing relating to this... Freedom of speech.. I'm guessing you are referring to sizzla, capleton? Is it not against our human rights to do that... Right capleton had  his tour banned in the U.S.A.... What does the bill of rights include? Oh yeah "pursuit of happiness"... They are pursuing what makes them happy, spreading the word of G-D.. Spreading the fact that it is not natural, Anyway which song is it that they "apparently" call for the murders of gays? Because I can't find it... They speak out because people are being brainwahsed by "T.V" and the government.
Thanks and blessings....

One Love

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »

Yeah man....I have been long time "bored" (strange word for this thread) about it but, when I man c the post by "trzkt" talking about the "temple" then I feel the need/I man think it is necessary  to define how it it is viewed by I and I who represent the RASTA "movement" in order for the youth who read this not to go astray....

Any ways raspect Benjammin - keep on trodding in the light and stay strong.....

I hope this thread has now reached its limit. More things out there that are more important...

P7

benjammin

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »

sorry to keep botherin ya.. but does anybody know which song or when Sizzla or Capleton said that they want to kill gays or if the did say this... cant find much info on this anybody wanna help enlighten I?

Thanks,Guidance,Love and Raspect

Bless Up

One love

Benjammin
Posted on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
but does anybody know which song or when Sizzla or Capleton said that they want to kill gays or if the did say this...

Just to my post above... I found it, The one titled batty bwoy then! sorry ::)....

Which song does capleton say this in though?
thanks!
one love
Raspect
Ben 
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.