Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 4227 times)

HelpMeBoutRastas

• Newbie User
Afterlife
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:15:15 AM »

Hey!  I am doing a report on the Rastafari movement and am very interested in joining after all of the research.   However, there is one question I cannot seem to find anywhere.   This is, "What do Rastas believe about the afterlife?" ??? Do you meet JAH?  This has been gnawing at me and a quick reply would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and JAH bless.   :)

Nazarite I

• Senior User
Re: Afterlife
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:26 AM »

It is Life I and I are concerned with. Not some after-life.

In I opinion at least, the pre-occupation with after-life is pure folly. That sort of idea can enslave a man. For a long time the churches have been promising an eternal after-life to those who do what they say and eternal torment to those who don't, all the while robbing the people blind behind their backs. I and I cannot engage in that folly. Life is what I and I must concern I and Iselves with. Life is eternal. Iman will be replaced by I children and life will go on. As long as I descendants and Rastafari people still draw breath, Iman will live on.

As for I and I ideas of 'heaven' (Zion) and 'hell' (babylon), both are to be found not only in the world but in the mind. Many people live in babylon both physically and mentally and for them, there is no life. They are living dead.
I and I begin to manifest Zion in I and I minds and bodies even though I and I may still be trapped in many ways in the physical world of babylon. By this I and I liberate I and Iselves from babylon in many ways.
Few people live in Zion both physically and mentally. Those who do are truly blessed.

So if you want to know what I and I name 'hell' and 'heaven', I and I name the ghettos and cities of the world as hell along with the systems and people who keep the people in their slavish mentality. Those people who keep those systems in place I and I name satan. The money motivated neo-colonialists and capitalists.
Anywhere free of this, I and I name heaven. I and I advocate the return of the world to the natural order of things through international Repatriation and Reparations. Let the Africans reclaim Africa from the colonial systems that have enslaved them. Let the Native Americans reclaim their land from those who have occupied it. The same Iman say for every people of the world. Aboriginals, Maori, Chinese, Japanese, European even. Let all mankind come and break down babylon and establish Zion in the physical!

As for 'meeting' the Almighty, I and I view Jah as no spirit or disembodied ghost that floats around in the sky like some Christians think. The Almighty is in flesh! If you want meet HIM, look into the Iself. Hold a clean Livity and keep a clean mind and a good meditation and the Almighty reveals HIMself.

Blessed love.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:27:08 AM by Nazarite I »

supereuropa

• Full User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »

Another thing you should know is that we don't use the word "Zion" to refer to the Mount Zion in Jerusalem, but to Ethiopia.

SuperSmile

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »

Bless nazarite I

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »

Hey!  I am doing a report on the Rastafari movement and am very interested in joining after all of the research.   However, there is one question I cannot seem to find anywhere.   This is, "What do Rastas believe about the afterlife?" ??? Do you meet JAH?  This has been gnawing at me and a quick reply would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and JAH bless.   :)

Firstly; Who are you doing the report for and why?

In reply to your question,

How, when no ‘dead’ has ever returned to (consciousness in this time) and informed a ‘living’ about the after-life would you expect a living one to answer your question? At best, you’re going to get an opinion.

I think the fact that you are state that you are seeking a quick reply (to one of the age old questions) serves to show your naiveté.

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »

Hey!  I am doing a report on the Rastafari movement and am very interested in joining after all of the research.   However, there is one question I cannot seem to find anywhere.   This is, "What do Rastas believe about the afterlife?" ??? Do you meet JAH?  This has been gnawing at me and a quick reply would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and JAH bless.   :)
Firstly; Who are you doing the report for and why?

In reply to your question,

How, when no ‘dead’ has ever returned to (consciousness in this time) and informed a ‘living’ about the after-life would you expect a living one to answer your question? At best, you’re going to get an opinion.

I think the fact that you are state that you are seeking a quick reply (to one of the age old questions) serves to show your naiveté.

Surely the fact that you feel the need to post such a reply fifthteen and a half months after the original post was made shows your naiveté, lack of attention or desire to simply troll :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:07:11 PM by Rasta Nick »
Even the longest journey starts with one step

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »

I had responded to what I thought was a recent post i.e 27th July 2012, it was after that I realised the date. Seen!!!

When you want to call man troll, then I suggest you put that to I via a email and not try to gwaan wid tings inna de public arena still.
Posted on: August 01, 2012, 11:38:41 AM
Yo Maas Nick
I nuh too big to make a mistake and I am not too big to say sorry if I do a wrong ting still, Seen, but just so you know, I prefer a one come check I fi a clarification still, rather than gwaan like dem ah some type of judge (wid a grudge).

Incense

• Normal User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:40:37 AM »

I and I see even after you are dead these things. So let I and I Rastafari answer yes you will be judged. If you chose to ignore it, that is your choice but not mine.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.