Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Books on Rastafari  (Read 5556 times)

Bev

• Newbie User
Books on Rastafari
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »

Greetings, I want to overstand more about rastafari , i've searched many websites and it seems that Rastafari, roots and ideology by Chevannes is the one that keeps coming up , is this a good one to start with , or can anyone recommend others
Blessings
Bev

prophet777

• Senior User
Re: Books on Rastafari
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

Greetings Bev. I want to start by saying your post is in the wrong section - mistakes can happen  :)

Anyway if you look under "Rasta Literature", which is three "steps" under "Rasta Chat" I am sure you will find many books listed there by members of this forum...

Just in case you do not find anything there then, start a thread there and I am sure you will get many responses.

What you could also do is search on-line book stores. Check out this book : "The First Rasta: Leonard Howell and the..." (forgot the rest of the title but, give it in the search of an online book store, like Amazon.com or so, and I am sure you will find it.

Hope that helps you further.

P7
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:20:58 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Bev

• Newbie User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »

Thankyou for your response will go to the lit section now , and thanks for pointing out my error
Blessings

fiyahhh

• New User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »

blessed

check this  non dogmatic pure metaphysikal  ,from baba

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=64888932&blogId=147044475

HETEP

*modified url so it works - admin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:17:57 AM by Rasta Nick »
JUSTICE IS A PRODUCT OF EDUCATION -H.  I.  M-

Smoky J

• New User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »

I recommend 'Rasta and Resistance' by Horace Campbell, a most righteous read.
Jah Bless

worldreligionsbooks

• Newbie User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 06:17:20 PM »

Hey everyone :)

I have a website called World Religions Books at www. worldreligionsbooks. com that has an extensive listing of books on Rastafari that you can purchase from Amazon.  It includes general books, copies of the Bible that some Rastas use, and copies of the Kebra Negast, Fetha Negast, etc.

I used to post here a couple of years ago and always found great conversation and dialog, so when I designed the "Rastafarianism" section I wanted to make it as thorough and extensive as possible in honor of the great people here I used to chat with!

You don't have to purchase anything.  You can just use it as a reference if you want so that you can bookmark things you like or browse for good books on Rasta, H. I. M. , roots music, or whatever. 

I just wanted to give you guys the first heads up that it was out there since this forum meant a lot to me and was the primary inspiration for the site's creation.

Peace and Blessings :)

One Love!
Dave

P. S.  - If you notice any books missing from the site that are on Amazon, feel free to let me know and I'll add it for you.

Omar Tobijah

• Newbie User
    • Divine Child Publications
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »

The greatest of all books on Rastafari is the Bible.  Emperor Haile Selassie is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He advocated us to read and study the Bible.  If we understood and accepted the great message of the Bible we would be armed with all the information to prove the Divinity of the Emperor.

But there are other great books that provide further edification so that we can understand the scriptures.  Learn about the life of Haile Selassie, read His autobiography, read the Selected Speeches, read about Ethiopian history.

I will also encourage you to read a book called "Seventy Years Accomplished" by Omar Tobijah.  It gives the clearest explanation of the Revelation.  You can find this book at my website: www. DivineChildPublications. com.  Give thanks

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 23 queries.