Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: H.I.M. = Jesus  (Read 11254 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: H.I.M. = Jesus
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »

i am not trying to wriggle my way out of anything. i am quite comfortable reasoning about faith as well as objective truth. at least i am not fool enough to try to define and measure that which can not be defined or measured objectively, such as the most high. a zealot or a disturbed person would try to present their faith as objective truth while i recognize each in their valid place.

it would indeed be invalid for the i to assume that everyone except i would have the same revelation of the most high as the most high reveal himself in a personal way to each and everyone, and misleading as different don't equal wrong in matters of faith simply because a complete understanding of the most high is well above and beyond the limited capabilities of the human mind. the best i and i can do about it is to recognize this and humbly accept i and i position in regard to the most high.

the i calling i paranoid and delusional only show the i lack of sensible grasp of what we are talking about.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »

Well I guess it’s pretty hard for you to say anything else, is it? You state that "you are quite comfortable reasoning about faith", well if being illogical and incoherent is your definition of reasoning then I guess you would feel quite comfortable. I note that as you have nothing constructive to say you readily resort to your default setting, i.e. the straw-man argument. To which my response would be to query how can something that cannot be defined or measured, be measured? Why would you seek to allude to impossible feats to try and illustrate a futile point? Isn’t that the actions of a fool?
You mention the most high (yet again) but to be honest that particular title doesn’t resonate with me as I do not see the First Source, i.e. The Divine Awareness in such a way. Does the position of Most High even qualify for a mention when one considers the Higher ranks of creation?
Your statement that "a zealot, etc  ...would try to present their faith as objective truth"is more nonsense, as faith cannot be equated with objective truth.
I asked you "how Selassie I revealed himself to you in a way that differs from the rest of us?" Again you fail to answer what most would consider to be a straight  forward question, instead choosing to bamboozle yourself with gibberish.

One last thing, we aspire to know and overstand, we never seek to merely understand and rely on faith because that is indeed grasping  -  at straws!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:23:37 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »

reasoning about faith is more of a sharing thing and explaining ones position. as i have said before faith is a personal thing between a one and the most high, it is not for forcing others to follow ones own faith. the i may perceive i faith as illogical and incoherent simply because the i don't have the same experience as i have. experiencing what i experience make i faith perfectly logical and coherent and applicable at a personal level. it is the i that is out of bounds thinking the i know i experience better than i.

i am not arguing with the i about names or titles of the creator. first source, most high or his majesty is all fine by i and i accept that people name this entity in many ways.

the i is contradicting the i self in several ways, not living up to the logical standard the i expect of others, again being a hypocrite. first the i call nonsense when i defining a disturbed person as presenting their faith as objective truth, only to go on and agree that faith is not objective.

the i further ask how selassie reveal himself to i in a way that differs from others. i can not know how selassie reveal himself to others so i can not tell how it differs. the i should try to exercise the logic that the i is asking for.

faith is not something flimsy or grasping. faith is complete trust or confidence. solid as a rock.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »

Well, well, well!! Why am I not surprised with your latest riposte?

I find your response to be more of the same, nonsense interspersed with “untrue accounts” or to put it more bluntly, your low level tactic, i.e. where you accuse I of something that I have not written, then seek to strengthen your false accusation with a deliberately misleading embellishment, speaks volumes.     For at no time whatsoever have I ended up (as you put it), agreeing with you that faith is not objective, simply because I have never proclaimed faith to be objective!
In fact the assertion that faith and objectivity are related issues has been your stance. I would remind you that I have always been consistent with my view concerning faith as any objective reader would grasp if they have read my postings.  Meanwhile it is you who makes (and continues to make) the assertions about my perception regarding your illogical and incoherent proclamations and how they are perfectly logical and coherent to you!
Really? Well let us just have a look at some of your statements and let the readers decide for themselves, shall we? These are some of the quotes you attributed to you regarding faith, and maybe it’s just me, but I for one find it hard to see how they demonstrate a lucid and coherent explanation of the topic, do you?
reasoning about faith is more of a sharing thing and explaining ones position                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   i am quite comfortable reasoning about faith as well as objective truth                                        
at least i am not fool enough to try to define and measure that which can not be defined or measured objectively, such as the most high.
faith rarely comes across as coherent and logical, especially when ones try to explain it to others.  the i can't ask i about i faith and expect i answer to be in such a way.

faith is subjective, which i have explained to the i before in a straight forward manner. on the other hand the words and intent of his majesty is quite clear. it's not a matter of subjective opinion since words have definitions.

Bearing in mind that I wrote the following;
Indeed the term faith stems from 12th Century English word feith, which itself comes from contemporary 12th Century Latin fides ="duty of fulfilling one's TRUST (agreement) with the Church (Roman Cult)". The term is deliberately corrupted from the earlier - non legal meaning of the word, which included the following "confidence, reliance, belief, word of honor".

The word only acquired its spiritual association i.e. "An obligation of loyalty or fidelity to the Doctrine of the Church (Roman Cult)" in the 14th Century. But
by the 18th Century, the word faith finally acquired its generic meaning "A BELIEF that something is TRUE and/or REAL".
Then for you to write “it’s not a matter of subjective opinion since words have definitions,” makes you out to be rather illogical, as you are now seeking to use the very point I have been consistently making, against me?? Yeah right! Good luck with that...

Indeed you seem to be somewhat delusional with you outpourings regarding your faith and your own special connection to His Majesty, which you seem to feel is something unique to you, but of which you cannot explain in a coherent or logical manner.  The last character I heard of with that problem went and got himself someone who could articulate to the masses the vibes that he felt that he got from the almighty/most high – so to speak!
In light of your own monumental failure to submit a coherent explanation it might well be advisable (and also be of help to you) if you went and did the same!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:02:01 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »

i mentioned before i don't care about what meaning the catholic church did assign to the word faith. for anyone interested in the meaning of the word faith in context of this forum and his majesty haile selassie the first i would suggest studying what his majesty himself has written about it on various occasions.

words have definitions indeed that the meaning of the very words themselves depend on. when the i explain the i have been referring to the catholic definition, good luck with that. i for iself have been referring to what i use.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »

You are obviously a very close minded and subjective person....Keep your faith!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

i own faith is very subjective yet in science i try to be objective. this is not something that is in conflict with each other. more love and more life. selassie first.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »

Yes but your faith and the overstanding of Rastafari is two entirely different ting, hence I say keep your faith! But don't confuse that faith with Rastafari, cos it ain't the same ting! Seen!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

what i been saying is don't get confused by opinions of faith and go straight to rastafari him haile selassie the first and see what him say about the worth and value of faith. halie selassie the first continually.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »

what i been saying is don't get confused by opinions of faith and go straight to rastafari him haile selassie the first and see what him say about the worth and value of faith. halie selassie the first continually.

I for one don't get confused with "opinions of faith " as you put it!
As I said to you before; I don't deal with faith, it is only truth that interest I, seen!! Faith is just when someone tells you how they feels it goes without actually having a clue as to the truth. What I know, I know and  What I don't know, I don't know, but what I don't do, is to substitute what I don't know with falsehood and fakery, and then have the audacity, to claim that my lack of information/truth, is my 'subjective' faith!

I go and find the truth As the adage goes; "Knock and the door shall be opened, seek and you will find, ask and it shall be answered"
Ah so conscious people flex, that is how heartical Rasta stay!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »

to substitute the truth with falsehood and fakery and calling it faith is not adhering to the definition of the word. what the i is talking about is trickery and deceit where one person fools another. real faith is between a one and the most high and don't carry any bad intentions.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »

You are  talking absolute nonsense. As you said previously, your faith is a subjective thing that you cannot discuss in a rational or objective manner, so anything you write or refer to, regarding your subjective and irrational thinking, simply cannot be taken seriously as you've already conceded that its merely your own misinformed/misguided perspective, which any conscious man/woman ought to avoid

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »

i faith is something between the most high and iself and not for anyone to meddle in. the reason i said something about it is because the i was asking about it. and as i have said, reasoning about faith we must accept that it is impossible to transfer the knowledge of personal experience without it being subjective expression.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

i faith is something between the most high and iself and not for anyone to meddle in. the reason i said something about it is because the i was asking about it. and as i have said, reasoning about faith we must accept that it is impossible to transfer the knowledge of personal experience without it being subjective expression.

You not making no sense whatsoever, it come in like you are stuck in a loop.
As I wrote earlier and will reiterate for the last time,
"your faith is a subjective thing that you cannot discuss in a rational or objective manner, so anything you write or refer to, regarding your subjective and irrational thinking, simply cannot be taken seriously as you've already conceded that its merely your own misinformed/misguided perspective, which any conscious man/woman ought to avoid"

I am certainly not meddling in your faith actually quite the opposite, I would welcome it if you left your faith out of it and just dealt with truth and rights, seen!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:32:33 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »

i am simply repeating iself because the i don't get what i am saying. what the i think about it is not how i see it. it is easy for i to see that the i don't get what i am saying. i know i own point of view.

i faith is i experience and the truth. i can't blame the i for not seeing it. relax and stop pointing fingers in a judgmental way about i experience because it is not yours to comment on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.