Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: 666  (Read 6467 times)

Major Scorpion

• Senior User
  • Red, Gold and Green are the colours of I heart!
    • Mr.T SoulJah Myspace
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:47:54 PM »

Michael,

You said once in the chatroom that 666 is Jah, I wondered how this is possible when Bible says that 666 is the mark of the Beast, Babylon, Anti-christ?

Can you explain this a bit?

Rebelion

Re: 666
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 05:08:41 PM »

Thr true Number of the beast is 616.

Major Scorpion

• Senior User
    • Mr.T SoulJah Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »

And where got the I this information from?

JonaGus

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 09:48:07 PM »

Some manuscripts say 666, others 616.

C.f. http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/beast616.htm

The Hebrew/Aramaic title for emperor Nero, Nrwn Qsr, is 666.
(nun/50, resh/200, waw/6, nun/50, qof/100, samech/60, and resh/200 = 666)
A closer transliteration of the Latin would not be "Neron" but "Nero." If this version is rendered in Hebrew you get Nrw Qsr, which is 616.
(nun/50, resh/200, waw/6, qof/100, samech/60, and resh/200 = 616)

Major Scorpion

• Senior User
    • Mr.T SoulJah Myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 09:49:44 AM »

Thanks,

I never knew of this!

JonaGus

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 10:35:40 AM »

The website I linked claims that Nero does not add to 666 or 616, but they are basing that claim on Greek letter/number values rather than the Hebrew/Aramaic. Nero adds up to both 666 and 616 in the Hebrew/Aramaic letter/number values, as I showed.

Oo.oO

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 02:35:18 PM »

Dear Knowledge...

"The true Number of the beast is 616."

Whoa!

Why do you respond to this in this way?

Peace

Oo.oO

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

Thanx brother Knowledge...

Just wanted clarification!

[smiley=wink.gif]

JonaGus

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 11:52:40 PM »

The Bible says that the mark of the beast is 666 and NOT 616.

That depends on which manuscripts you're following.

It is clear from scripture that the AC and his Mark of the Beast system are FUTURE events

Even preterists believe the events were in the future when the book was written.

I love to watch preterists and futurists argue. It's hilarious.

rasrossi

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 10:52:06 PM »

Is the Anti Christ in here with us...who wants to deceive ma Brothers.....I was surprise when i read this Topic...666.

Brothers the true Christan Doctrine tell us in Revolution 13.verse:18 "This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six".

Be Informed and it is high time we stop posting nonsense topics in this Forum.

Leah-Kim

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 05:36:26 PM »

ii wy em Hotep !!!!

I as a Man try very hard to post topics that peoples will discuss...Things in our life that matter....examples ..." masterbation " .. " selected morality "....just to see hundreds read them in 2 days and many responses and I see that a new moderator moved them into " Other Chat "  and leaves nonsense posts like this one.

member " RasRossi ".....thanks for shedding light on this .I as a Man will Itinue to post things we may all learn from.I hope they dont keep being dished aside like my posts that I mentioned....since they were moved theyt get lost ....there have been no more replys on them and no more reads on them.....to me they were sparkin a great discussion amongst all of us who want to discuss Life.

Ankh udja Sneb from MICHAEL

JonaGus

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 06:25:25 PM »

I was talking about True Christian Bibles, and not speculative conjecture "Bibles."

I am too. There are many different ancient manuscripts for Revelation. Some say 616 and some say 666. If you choose one number over the other, you have to explain why you're weighting one manuscript over another, that's all.

You must be the life of every party, huh?

Don't try to be, don't care to be, brother. It's nothing but vanity to try that hard to impress people.

JonaGus

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2004, 09:17:51 PM »

Which manuscripts are you talking about?

Whatever English Bible you have is, of course, a translation from Hebrew and Greek manuscripts. (Good translations also refer to other ancient manuscripts, like Syriac & Latin, too.) There are thousands and thousands of these manuscripts, both whole and partial, to which translators refer.

Why do they refer to so many different manuscripts? Because there are minor variations between the manuscripts.

Look, for example, at Matthew 6:13. In most early manuscripts, this verse ends with "deliver us from the evil one." But some later manuscripts say "deliver us from the evil one, for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

When there are two or more versions of a verse, like Matthew 6:13, textual critics and translators have to weigh which variant is more likely to reflect the original text. (What do earlier manuscripts say? What do the majority of manuscripts say? Do those "majority" manuscripts come from a single lineage or independent lineages? Is this variation more likely to be addition/gloss or deletion? Does the word used here actually make sense in context? etc.)

In the manuscripts for the book of Revelation, some versions say the beast's number is 666 and others say it is 616. The question is, which did John originally write, since the manuscripts we have say both? The best you can do, as a translator, is form an educated hypothesis, translate your hypothesis, and offer the alternate reading in the textual notes.

Please, pray for me.

I will, brother. Pray for me too. Namaste.

in_the_shadows

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2004, 11:22:30 AM »

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself" Or in this case, a number...

\m/

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.