Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The use of the Herb.  (Read 7493 times)

MOSES-YOUTH

• Standard User
Re: The use of the Herb.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »

Seen, I. I am glad the I know that there is nothing wrong about smoking herb.

HAILE SELASSIE I BLESSINGS

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 03:02:44 PM »

Seen, I. I am glad the I know that there is nothing wrong about smoking herb.

Actually the correct statement would be there is nothing wrong with ingesting herbs, as I said previously, the safest way is to eat it, followed by a good quality vaporizer, if a good quality vaporizer is unavailable, then try one of those hot box vapes, which would be margainally better than smoking it (without tobacco) in a water pipe, which by the way, would be better than than a spliff especially one mixed with tobacco! The reason I have graded it in this order is because  eating it does not entail any combustion, neither does vapourizing, where the only heat is the temperature required to vaporize the active ingredients such as THC CBD CBN THCV etc, hence that is why vapes are so advocated by the medical marijuana fraternity. Indeed burning/blazing herb is potentaily hazardous, because of the combustion and inhalation of things like rizla paper, tobacco, butane gas, not to mention the carbon fibre of the herb itself!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:04:04 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »

eating the herb it gets more difficult to get the dose right as the onset is delayed so exert caution to prevent discomfortable experience. in regard to the respiratory system i think the gradation is accurate though.

MOSES-YOUTH

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »

@ Knowledge

The health risks of smoking herb the traditional rasta way and not by the vaporizer does not make it ethically/morally wrong. Maybe the I was speaking from a different view from I, but I and I am speaking from a moral standpoint. I and I used the above examples for the less spiritual-minded people to somewhat grasp what I and I am speaking of when I and I say that smoking herb is an alright thing to do, seen? And although those examples are perhaps more scientifically based than spiritually/ethically based does not make anything I and I said an incorrect statement. Seen? Rastafari Live. It is I personal opinion that anybody can smoke herb if they want to and it is within nobody's jurisdiction to say that they can't. If the I see some person with dreadlocks in a supermarket and do like one of I bredren does and say "Greetings in the Name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile I Selassie I the First" and they turn out not to be a Rasta, are the I's going to say that that person is slandering Rastafari? No. People been wearing dreadlocks for thousands of years for many different reasons. If the I's see someone smoking herb and the I's say "Greetings in the Name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile I Selassie I the First" and that person looks at the I's they the I's are crazy are the I's going to say that they are misusing the herb.. No. People been using herb for thousands of years for many different reasons and last time Iman checked, herb grows everywhere, not just on Rasta farms.

I and I would venture to say that because herb is illegal in most parts of the world and other characteristics of the Rastafari are not, then that is why the I's analyze what other people do around them concerning Rastafari trodition. I and I don't really study other people, I and I just stick to what I and I know, seen? If someone wants to smoke herb or anything like that then I and I don't have a problem.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »

Moses Youth,

I read your lengthy response and felt that I needed to address a few points,

I never said anything about smoking herbs being "ethically/morally wrong", seen! I was just giving an honest account of the safest way to ingest herbs, seen! Your example regarding the meeting in the supermarket is a strawman argument, insofar as it's not what on your head what defines a one, but rather it is what is in your heart, and how that manifest, i.e via ones livity, Seen!! As for the the analogy re the person smoking herbs, I think you answered your own question!!

In terms of eating herb, well true that the receptors are spread through out the body as well as in the head, there is a different interaction, the herb that is eaten will last about 4 times as long as smoked herb and will give one a strong body stone as well as a cerebral high...Although it takes about anything between half an hour to an hour to start coming through after being eaten....  

PS; In terms of your analysis regarding Iman - I am just going to keep it short, and sweet, and tell you that you are wrong - plain and simple!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:43:13 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »

eating herb indeed require some extra precaution and since there are several research results indicating that herb smoke interfere with the lungs far less than for example tobacco smoke i think the i should reconsider that gradation of safety.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »

I think you just being pointless for the sake of it,
I for one never said anything about comparing herb smoke and tobacco smoke, that is your own contribution, but as you state
Quote from: Oskar "[i
since there are several research results indicating that herb smoke interfere with the lungs far less than for example tobacco smoke"[/i]
Then I think you've just reinforced the point that I made, which is; eating herb is the safest way to ingest herb, Unless you are one of them who don't know themselves. If you are one of them, then you should eat the herb and stay in a safe location until you are comfortable with the effect! We eat herb almost daily and go for walks and function as normal, but then again, we ain't eating/smoking herb for kicks!!

In terms of my gradation (as you put it) I stand by it, not because of faith or belief, but because my assertion is based upon an empirical overstanding, spread over decades. Seen!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »

of course if the i is looking at the pulmonary system in isolation it would be better to not inhale smoke of any kind. it is easier to get the dosage right when smoking however and since the pulmonary effect is less severe it means that the smoking part is less important for deciding the safety of herb.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »

No I'm not looking at the pulmonary system in isolation, As I said previously; "In terms of my gradation (as you put it) I stand by it, not because of faith or belief, but because my assertion is based upon an empirical overstanding, spread over decades." Seen!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »

the i can hold on to the i opinion and i likewise reiterate that eating herb instead of smoking it require extra precaution.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 09:49:06 AM »

Argument for the sake of it = Devil works aka Negativty!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 01:57:19 PM »

impartial justice and freedom is what i defend. selassie works.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »

impartial justice and freedom is what i defend. selassie works.
The above quote seems somewhat misplaced coming from a person who in their own admission does nothing to spread Rasta consciousness and is bound up in subjectivity and and irrationality. And those attributes are certainly not how Selassie I works.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »

haile selassie the first as the defender of the faith does indeed safeguard peoples right to subjective experience, especially in regard to themselves. that does not mean it is not possible to deal objectively with things in the world.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »

haile selassie the first as the defender of the faith does indeed safeguard peoples right to subjective experience, especially in regard to themselves. that does not mean it is not possible to deal objectively with things in the world.
There you again with your subjective (and Roman Cult) opinion, regarding Selassie I.
Indeed it should be noted that your reference to HIM as 'the defender of the faith'is something that is taken from the Vatican. Again you make wild and subjective statements that are simply your own take on a format (that incidentally was instigated by the RC) in order to give credence to their own heresy and now you use the very same term to try and give your 'subjective and ill informed' views a degree of validity. I seem to recall the adage 'Thou should not taketh the Lords name in vain', something you seem to do on a increasingly frequent basis.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:06:10 AM by Knowledge »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.