Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The use of the Herb.  (Read 7501 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: The use of the Herb.
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 08:22:05 PM »

the i is certainly ridiculous to suggest that selassie the first run the errands of rome. it was rome that attack ethiopia because them jealous of the real thing.

rome can have their faith as long as they don't subjugate others. i don't persecute people for their faith. the personal experience is something that each and everyone can claim in their own right.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

the i is certainly ridiculous to suggest that selassie the first run the errands of rome. it was rome that attack ethiopia because them jealous of the real thing.

rome can have their faith as long as they don't subjugate others. i don't persecute people for their faith. the personal experience is something that each and everyone can claim in their own right.
There you go again distorting the truth (telling lies) I did not suggest Selassie I ran the errands of Rome - as you falsely claim. Where did I say that?? So that the readers are clear, I alluded to the fact that the title defender of the faith is a title that emanates from the vatican and was a title handed out to those that supported its heresies, a prime example being Henry VIII who was also dubbed defender of the faith. As is the queen!
inspite of your futile wriggling (i.e feeble attempt) in order to defend your subjective opinion, it should also be pointed out (to those who may not be aware)
The title is "defender of the faith", as opposed to "defender of a faith"which is the argument you seem to want to advance. the term "the faith" refers to the Roman Cult /vatican fallacy, and not to the fact that a one may have their own unexplainable belief in something they do not know, muchless comprehend.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:24:48 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »

haile selassie the first have never been part of the catholic church and him did not receive the title 'defender of the faith' from the roman church and neither does it validate the roman church. look to him haile selassie the first and the i will see that him is the true defender of the faith and also tolerant and working together with different faiths, not letting such issues sow scorn among people.

being tolerant of different faiths don't mean him subscribe to them. what it mean is that him is so confident in his own faith he is not disturbed or upset by differences.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »

haile selassie the first have never been part of the catholic church and him did not receive the title 'defender of the faith' from the roman church and neither does it validate the roman church. look to him haile selassie the first and the i will see that him is the true defender of the faith and also tolerant and working together with different faiths, not letting such issues sow scorn among people.

being tolerant of different faiths don't mean him subscribe to them. what it mean is that him is so confident in his own faith he is not disturbed or upset by differences.

Why do you tell lies or simply resort to them so readily when you try to justify youself? I seem to recall from somewhere, that "lieing lips are an abomination"
Who said Selassie was part of the Catholic Church? Cos I certainly didn't and neither did I state that Selassie I had received the title Defender of the Faith from the "roman church" as you falsely claim. Indeed the truth is; that it is only you who applies that title to H.I.M. hence my original statement in response to your "roman cult"based opinion which as it happens is factually wrong!
It kind of says a whole heap when one has to blatantly (and constantly) tell untruths/mistruths in order to try and embellish their version of events,
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:18:46 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »

the i was insinuating that the title 'defender of the faith' that him haile selassie the first embody is emanated from the vatican and i am telling the i that the i is confused. go read the select speeches by him haile selassie the first, there is a chapter 'accepting formally title, "defender of the faith"' in i book it begin on page 639 and it is quoted to have been uttered by his majesty on jan 21, 1965.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »

As I clearly stated previously and will do so once again, I did not insinuate anything regarding the title defender of the faith in respect of Selassie I.
I 'truthfully' stated that the term itself is one that is derived from the roman cult, i.e. The term Fidei defensor or Fidei defensatrix (feminine) is indeed a Latin title which translates to Defender of the Faith in English and Defensor de la Foi in French. The phrase has been used as part of the full style of many monarchs since the early 16th century.
Where you are getting confused is that you are taking the information from 'your book' and misapplying it to H.I.M. without reason and certainly in the wrong context. Indeed the title you refer to was one that conferred on HIM by the *Oriental Orthodox Church* of which the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is a member. For your information The Ethiopians actually used the title Elect of God and not the defender of the faith,

I would advise you to get your facts right rather than throwing misinformation and subjective opinions for the sake of it. Seen!!

**By the way, The term 'Oriental Orthodoxy' refers to the communion of Eastern Christian Churches that recognize only the three ecumenical councils — the Council of Nicaea, the Council of Constantinople and the Council of Ephesus — and reject the dogmatic definitions of the Council of Chalcedon (4th Ecumenical council of the Byzantine Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches). Seen!

Temet Nosce....

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:57:47 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

the i is contradicting the i self saying the ethiopians used the title 'elect of god' and not 'defender of the faith' yet the very same ethiopians gave haile selassie both titles. it seem the i want the pope to be the root of this yet him haile selassie the first have never been the subject of the pope.

i don't know if the pages are the same in other copies yet in 'i book' the chapter start at page 639. the title of the book is 'selected speeches of haile selassie' and as such it is the words of him haile selassie in that chapter so the context is clear no matter what the i is trying to claim.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »

the i is contradicting the i self saying the ethiopians used the title 'elect of god' and not 'defender of the faith' yet the very same ethiopians gave haile selassie both titles. it seem the i want the pope to be the root of this yet him haile selassie the first have never been the subject of the pope.

i don't know if the pages are the same in other copies yet in 'i book' the chapter start at page 639. the title of the book is 'selected speeches of haile selassie' and as such it is the words of him haile selassie in that chapter so the context is clear no matter what the i is trying to claim.

Before I reveal the truth to other readers; I would ask you to clarify (to all of us), where are you getting this deliberately false information from? I have to ask this, because I know that you are very much mistaken and what you are saying is very wrong, However, in the interest of fairness, I would like to hear where you are getting this wholly untrue account from!

Because it is certainly not from authentic Aethiopian History, i.e A truthful account of what has occurred in the past in Aethiopia...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:32:37 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »

i simply added one and one together from what i been reading during the years. i don't have an exact quote for all the information yet if the i can prove that the ethiopian orthodox church was not involved in giving both these titles to his majesty it would be interesting to hear about it, or rather, i would seriously question the i intent.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

I asked you where you had got your false information from, I did not ask you to verify that you had read it.
However in answer to your challenge, i.e. "if i can prove that the ethiopian orthodox church was not involved in giving both these titles to his majesty" I would suggest that you revisit my posting of the 2nd July 2013,  Where I clearly state the origins of the title defender of the faith and I also refer to the fact that the Ethiopians used the title Elect of God.
It appears that you are either getting confused or are deliberately seeking to confuse those readers who don't know any better by referring to the following line of the speech given by HIM on 21st January 1965 at the conference of the Oriental Orthodox Churches that was held in Addis Ababba and hosted by H.I.M.
"Fathers, we have welcomed the title you have given us, Defender of the Faith, with great honour".

The Fathers he refers to are, amongst others;
His Holiness Anba Kyrillos pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the see of St. Mark
His Holiness Moran Mar Ignatius Yacub III, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, and
His Holiness Vasken I, Supreme Catholicos and Patriarch of the Armenian Orthodox Church, amongst others.

Indeed contrary to your misguided assertion;i.e. "the i is contradicting the i self saying the ethiopians used the title 'elect of god' and not 'defender of the faith' yet the very same ethiopians gave haile selassie both titles" That is clearly not true, as the truth is as follows;
The conference came to a close on January 21st. At 4 p.m. on that day the concluding session was held in the presence of a large gathering of people. On this occasion also the Emperor delivered an address, following by speeches by all the Heads of Churches. This closing session most solemnly conferred on His Imperial Majesty Haile Sellassie I the title of “the Defender of Faith”, and placed on record the feeling of sincere gratitude towards all those who worked for the success of the decisions approved by the Conference.

So before you submit untruths, go and seek the truth (as I keep telling you) because at the end of the day Truths and Rights is what a conscious one promotes,
Seen
Posted on: July 04, 2013, 11:10:03 AM
i simply added one and one together from what i been reading during the years. i don't have an exact quote for all the information yet if the i can prove that the ethiopian orthodox church was not involved in giving both these titles to his majesty it would be interesting to hear about it, or rather, i would seriously question the i intent.

I would advise you to get the exact information before bleating on, as if you know things when to the conscious reader, it is plain to see that you don't, as you say yourself, maybe we ought to seriously question your intent.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:37:22 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 08:16:40 PM »

it seem ridiculous to i that his majesty would invite the oriental orthodox churches to addis ababa and leave the ethiopian orthodox church out of the meeting. what his majesty is actually doing is to teach the church about true unity and as recognition the church bestow the title 'defender of the faith' unto his majesty with one accord. this faith is not in reference to any catholic invention but as real servants of and manifestation of the most high.

that the i can mention a date and time for the closing of the conference and that the concluding session was held in the presence of a large gathering of people don't disprove that the ethiopian orthodox church, the same one that gave the title 'elect of god' to his majesty, was among them that gave him the title 'defender of the faith'.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »

Who said anything about leaving the E.O.C. out of the meeting (that I referred to)? I know that I didn't!!

I have read your your little remarks which seem to be all based on your own 'subjective' one + one theory, which it would seem (judging from the little sniping comments that have been posted) to appeal to your friends.

However, due to constraints, I cannot go into deeper response right now, but rest assured its coming.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »

the churches present gave the title to his majesty. it is the i that been claiming that the e.o.c. was not involved and even going as far as claiming it to be a contraption of the vatican or what not. haile selassie the first got faith and this seem to offend the i or make the i tie the iself into a knot of unimaginable proportions.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »

I never said the EOC was not involved in the said conference, as for the issue of faith, I have already explained myself so I won't go into that again as I think I have made my view regarding faith quite clear and as you are well aware, I say to anyone who aspires to that concept, to hold on to it.  Personally I prefer to aspire to the truth/facts (Esoteric and exoteric) in otherwords the knowledge. As far as claiming the title (defender of the faith)is a contraption of vatican, as I said previously go and check it out (for your self).  Although factually; it is fair to say that the said title was used prior to the conference by one Ethiopian King in antiquity after a military campaign that usurped the islamic threat. Indeed the title Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God is not a title unique to HIM Selassie I,alone. Indeed this title is a common one that has been used by many Ethiopian Rulers. Indeed the title Elect of God was introduced by One Ethiopian King who was commonly known as the Non Royal Usurper. However, what as you state; "seems to offends I", when you talk about Selassie I and faith, is the presumptions you make when you make these assertions and the fact that they are often times not historically correct. Indeed I recall the discussion we had over the Kebra Negast when you claimed one thing (regarding the chapters) and had to concede that my assertion was the correct one when I produced the evidence to show you what I was saying was correct.

In that respect, I don't think it is a correct thing to demonstrate 'your' devotion to HIM by distorting facts, but this not a criticism aimed solely at you. Indeed it's not a criticism per se, it is a fact! Of which I can acknowledge is based upon perspective, seeing that you (and the majority of contributors) derive your perspective of HIM based on the bible and established religious teachings. Whereas I and (others like I) validate HIM from outside of that concept.  
But as I said hold on to that...!!
However, I will say one thing about you, at least you are an upfront person (and not a little sniper/viper like some) and I actually do respect that!
Posted on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:27 AM
it seem ridiculous to i that his majesty would invite the oriental orthodox churches to addis ababa and leave the ethiopian orthodox church out of the meeting. .

Just so that we're clear regarding your assertion,
"What made this historic conference so unique is these sister churches had their last common council at Ephesus in 431 A.D. After 15 centuries of mutual isolation, they met in Addis Ababa in 1965"

Posted on: July 07, 2013, 11:45:54 AM

In light of your assertion, I felt it was necessary to clarify matters in a way that is self evident and factual, although I dare say some (not necessarily you) will no doubt want to rain down criticism against I, Also as way of further clarification the office of THE CHRIST does not refer to the biblical Jesus, rather it refers to the Office of the Anointed!

King of kings -- Emperor of Ethiopia.
Although several kings of Aksum used this style, until the restoration of the Solomonic dynasty under Yekuno Amlak, rulers of Ethiopia generally used the style of Negus, although "King of Kings" was used as far back as Ezana. The full title of the Emperor of Ethiopia included the terms Atse (Emperor), Neguse Negest (King of kings), and Seyoume Igziabeher (Elect of God). The title of Moa Anbessa Ze Imnegede Yehuda (Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah) always preceded the titles of the Emperor. It was not a personal title, but rather referred to the title of *Christ, and placed the office of the Christ ahead of the Emperor's name in an act of Imperial submission. Until Yohannes IV the Emperor was also Neguse Tsion (King of Zion).

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:44:51 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »

i give thanks for clarification and i can apprecilove the elbow grease. it would be good though if the i would stay with the facts all the while. it is not through a bible perspective i validate him selassie the first although it may be possible to do so. it is strictly through spiritual revelation i sight him.

the i is still accusing i for distorting facts.

when it come to i faith this is what i know as i am the one it's revealed to. i am not so arrogant that i can't admit when i make a mistake. for edification i seek his majesty haile selassie the first.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.