Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: AT THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS IN 1938  (Read 2899 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
AT THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS IN 1938
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »

The Ethiopian people, to whom all assistance was refused, are climbing alone their path to calvary. No humiliation has been spared to the victim of aggression. All the resources of procedure have been tried with a view to excluding Ethiopia from the League of Nations, as the aggressor demands. Thus, for three years there has been before the world and before the League the problem of international order: Will law win the game as against force, or force as against law?

Ethiopia, the victim of an inexcusable aggression, has placed her confidence in the signature of the State Members of the League, although the support that was due to her was given only in a very incomplete measure. Since 1935 Ethiopia has with pain noted successive abandonments of signatures that had been appended to the Covenant.

Many powers threatened with aggression and feeling their weakness have abandoned Ethiopia. They have uttered the cry of panic and rout. Everyone for himself! In the vain hope of currying favour with the aggressor, they have regarded themselves as freed from the undertakings they had assumed for general security. Thus they have themselves overthrown all principles on which their very existence rests. They have torn up the treaties which ensured their own independence -- the treaties of non-aggression, the Covenant of the League of Nations, the Pact of Paris. By what right will they themselves be able to invoke these undertakings if they regard as scraps of paper treaties they have signed?

Aggression have taken place in increasing number. The contagion has been propagated. Certain States are now engaged in full struggle, others are threatened. Fear reigns over the world. The present or forthcoming victims tremble for the future, and think they may improve their situation by flattering those whose aggression they dread. International morality has disappeared. The excuse of these weak people is their very weakness, the certainty that they would be abandoned as Ethiopia has been, and between two evils they have chosen the one which the fear of the aggressor leads them to consider the lesser. May God forgive them!
[...]
It is disappointing to the Ethiopian people to observe the attitude of most powerful States in the world -- States that have always proclaimed their devotion to the Covenant, asserting their respect for the undertakings embodied in international treaties, and recalling the sanctity of international contracts as the basis of international morality.
[...]
Did not the world hail as one of the most important marks of progress in international law, and as the most effective contribution the re-organization of peace between nations, the principle proclaimed a few years ago by the United States of America, namely the refusal to grant juridical recognition to the results of aggression?

As sovereign of the Ethiopian people, I invoke this principle, for it is My duty to defend the political independence of the Ethiopian people, the territorial integrity of Ethiopia and at the same time the life, the property and liberty of each of those individuals and each of those religious or civic institutions which make up the Ethiopian people.
[...]
In order to break down the resistance of My people and its refusal to abandon that independence which it has enjoyed for more than thirty centuries, the Italian authorities are counting upon propaganda with the object of demoralizing the people, and in this they make great play with the abandonment of Ethiopia by the League of Nations.
[...]
Ethiopia protests against all subtleties of procedure, the object of which would be to evade the rules of competence which are clearly written in the Covenant. As the delegate of Portugal said, nothing can be more repugnant and more hypocritical than the strangling of a nation by procedure. Will the League of Nations agree to any such things? This Covenant does not allow it.
[...]

Knowledge

• Veteran User
Re: AT THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS IN 1938
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

What is the point you are making?

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

this is the forum about his majesty. nothing wrong with quoting some of his words.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »

Yeah quote as much as want, but if you don't overstand then you might as well be a Parrot!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

what is it i don't overstand? i don't pretend to be without fault. i only try to bring the words of his majesty to people attention.

Nazarite I

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »

Cool it off. No Reason to jump down the mans throat for bringing forward His Majesty's words for I and I to see when I and I log on. That's a blessing and I give thanks for that. Haile Selassie I is a good speaker, He can explain Himself without I and I having to try and one up His explanation to show 'overstanding'.
Better I and I try and overstand His Majesty, and I don't see the I coming forward with that. As it happens though I give special thanks because this speech is crucial to His Majesty.
When He stood up in front of a world that had abandoned HIM to Mussolini. Italian press jeering from the balcony. Fresh mustard gas burns on His hands. Just come from some crowded little house in the middle of wet, cold England where He would watch footage of Ethiopia at war and weep. Royal household going about their business in silence. And He stands and spits fire out of His mouth and burns the hearts of those wicked men! Standing up for the rights of the Ethiopian people in the face of overwhelming agression. Telling the nations of the world about the wickedest acts that they commit and warning them that it will only bring death and destruction. And there is no truer prophesy than that in 1938. He told them that God and history would remember their judgment, and it ended with Haile Selassie I back on King David's throne and Mussolini lynched with barbed wire from a lamp post by the Italians themselves.

Blessed love

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

Jump down who fah throat?

If a man wants to quote then let him quote, if I remember rightly, my question was what point are you trying to make? Which is a legitimate question to ask, and in the wake of the response I got back, I said he can quote as much as he wants, etc, no long speech.

As for trying to overstand his majesty, the very suggestion shows the level of understanding that you possess, To overstand is to know-to a fulness, something which you obviously don't, going off your sentimental -albeit well intentioned- little summary.   

A grow you a grow, but you will know   

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

no, there is no argument. his majesty already done tell the truth.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

It wasn't you I was answering.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »

the full text is from the book "selected speeches of haile selassie" p.316

Incense

• Normal User
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:45:35 PM »

As I do not read mutch books it does my spirit good to hear these words. The point is here made by the King. I am the King and you need to hear me. JAH BLESS
The fact is I and I do not need to read any of these to know the point. We the whold world are were and ever will be the point. Now I am up set and would ask can you now tell me the point? Sjit no. I will tell you the point but I'm upset so here is your chance. Tell me show one of you can understand I and I. A. Challenge to you of reasoning :)
Posted on: March 01, 2014, 06:24:15 PM
Why should Jesus have to come back?
Why would Jesus return here?
Why would jJesus have returned?

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.