Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: How important is Jesus/Yeshua in your life?  (Read 9815 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: How important is Jesus/Yeshua in your life?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

the story the i told suggesting the christ his majesty teach about is false don't have any foundation except your own say so. from an adult as the i, i would expect a presentation of evidence showing the i is right and that selassie the first is not wrong yet i see nothing except misrepresentation.

i see no reason to chant down the bobo dread for hailing up their leader who point the way to, and even personally met with, his majesty. iself have not met with nor made any extensive reasoning with any bobo so i might as well not, with clear conscience, chant them down.

i have answered the i questions, the i is only giving false accusations, as the i have been doing throughout, ignoring the obvious. where this reasoning touch upon faith there are no facts, only i can speak for iself about that. don't question faith/don't judge faith. faith is the mystics. many a time it's not even possible to put it into words. when it comes to facts the i can't even put up a straightforward reasoning, only simpleton statements like i 'are not factual'. the i simply discredit without any justification, that is not any foundation of reasoning only a baseless opinion.

when jesus speak about slaves, or servants, it is about being servants of the most high creator, to do the work of spreading the love and sharing the love. the bible as a book is as much a recording of peoples history as well as teachings about the most high. that is why it is seen that selassie the first at points may differ, such as freedom from chattel slavery and uplifting of women.

regarding paul and what is said about long hair, paul is asking a question about it. i think the answer is obvious as jesus himself did have long hair.

the i can feel insulted all the i want. it is i faith and it is none of the i business. i am a bit disappointed with the i though for the i insincere approach to reasoning. any time i give something meaningful the i dismiss it as nonsense without any reason from the i. with a serious approach the i would study and meditate on what i have said each time the i came with that knee-jerk response and seriously seek why the i don't get it.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »

Again I see that you resort to lies to make your assertion, At no time did I make any suggestion regarding Selassie I, How is that you can so readily resort to bare faced lies? As for the reply in relation to the Bobo Dread, well again it just shows the hypocrisy that you shroud yourself in.
In terms of answering the question (as you put it,) From the time you can't articulate something then I guess that says it all, (or not as the case maybe).    
Your trouble is that; rather than go out there and seek for the truth, you are prepared to just simply rely upon your christian brainwashing programme and if anything doesnt fit within that viewpoint, then as far as your mindset goes, it can't be true. Fair enough, I accept your limitation, but just because I ah show something beyond your comprehension doesn't make it false or wrong, and given that it is beyond your faculties, then seeking to compare the Truth with your limited (mis)understanding, is nothing more than a futile exercise on your part.

Upon reading your ludicrous explanation regarding Jesus and his reference to slaves only serves to underline the facts that I am making. Indeed the very fact that you seek to disguise when you try to justify the fact that biblical characters differ from Selassie I in respect of slavery and the upliftment of women.

I see that you are quite prepared to go down to the deeper depths (by telling lies and backsliding/backtracking) to try and sustain your subjective points, but it would serve you better to scale the higher heights instead.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:10:39 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

the way the i explain the biblical jesus as a fictitious character and ethiopian history as obliterated and replaced, is indeed suggesting that selassie teach something that is wrong, because what selassie teach is not hidden.

with honesty the i can hardly call i hypocrite for refraining to chant down the bobo whom i have only briefly ever reasoned with. further i refrain from going with any division vibe against any rasta that hold selassie the first as the most high.

i look to his majesty first because after seeking the truth that is where i find it. if i was into christian brainwashing i would have gone another route. i answered the i questions straight to the point. it is the i that go with the limited viewpoint if the i can't say anything touching upon i answer except calling it brainwashing.

chattel slavery indeed exist in the bible yet iyasu don't condone it. he taught first and foremost to love one another and the most high. one must be seriously deluded to think that chattel slavery is proper love.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »

The truth that I am alluding to is there for anyone to see for themself, and if you feel that it's against Selassie I teaching, then maybe you might want to highlight where I have said that!! Cah is only you who is accusing I of that, which is rather hypocritical coming from one who readily admits to defending the pope.
In respect of the Bobo Shanti, I nah tell you to fight down the Bobo, go back and look what at I wrote, and deal with that truthfully, but don't come with crap that you've made up and then seek to attribute that crap to I, as if it's I who said that, an example is your foolish delusion can be evidenced by the last line of your post, when you accuse I, that in some way (unbeknownst to I) that I somehow confuse slavery with love, who mentioned anything about chattel slavery and equated that to love? Because that was certainly not I..

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »

i think it was the i that mentioned something about paul defending slavery. don't confuse what i say by claiming i blame the i.

i don't chant down the bobo and that is because of the reason i already mentioned. that is something i deal with truthfully and not something i make up about the i.

there is nothing subtle about calling the biblical jesus a fictitious character (February 24 in this thread). that if anything is an attempt to obliterate the truth of what selassie the first is teaching.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

As I said; the historical black African Cushite who we know as Yashua was hanged on the tree by the wicked them. That is a historical fact!!, So deal with it.
The biblical character (the work of fiction) that has been transposed into the New Testament is not the same man. That too is a historical fact. I'm not asking you to accept it, but it is the truth. This character is the one used by christianity to advance the system that has morphed into the system that Rasta refer to as Babylon, it is in the name of this character that slavery and financial misery etc has been visted upon humanity. You don't want to accept that, alright no problem, as I said I am not here to convert you or anyone else. If you really looked into Aetiopian (Black African) History, you will find that all of the orginial concepts of deity orginated from Aetiopia, Indeed the Cushite rule stemmed in to Egypt prior to the arab invasion. But what you fail to realise is that sacred African History included the whole of Africa and not just the Egypt and Ethiopia that we know today. Them man in them days were not called Matthew, Luke and John, James and Simon, they had ancient names that were subsequently changed by the oppressor. The question was about if Jesus/Yashua is important in your life? which is the query that I answered, the question was not about Selassie I, per se, a you who is trying to twist the issue, with nonsense.
How can your God and King be endorsing a character of fiction?? Unless you are saying that your God and King is a lesser god than the creator!! Cah when we hail the source we ah seh that no greater can be found, we aint saying that the creator is telling us to go and worship a next god!! If that was the case then why not just cut out the middle man and worship the higher god directly?? By seeking to make argument out of foolishness you,ve exposed your gibberish for what it is.  
Posted on: March 20, 2013, 11:45:32 PM
I noted in your earlier post you seek to deflect the criticism of Paul's reference to long hair (locks!!) i.e.,"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"(l Corinthians 11:14) by stating  that "Jesus had long hair" How do know that?? When no picture of the man deh bout to verify your claim..
You claim that Jesus teached love, so what about the following quotes?;
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34
For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a manís enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

You see the difference is I don't hear tings like that from Selassie I, I don't hear that Rasta enslave people and claim that a god work dem doing, I don't hear Rasta a coerce anybody to adhere to the teaching, a one love Rasta a deal with.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:21:25 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 04:03:05 AM »

selassie the first is not endorsing a character of fiction. it is the i that have a fictitious belief thinking telling of the history of africa would make jesus of nazareth into a myth. the business of slavery and babylon don't discredit the true events, they were only misrepresenting the truth, hiding behind jesus like some kind of freak mafia boss.

this is why i said, to those that associate jesus with transatlantic slavery and abuse, don't listen to the slave master, listen to his majesty. selassie the first was an opponent of slavery and a champion of truth, the manifestation of god in flesh. it is the i that is trying to make him into a jester by claiming he taught about a fictitious character.

i know jesus had long hair because it is a historical fact. this is what i believe anyhow. i don't judge people for their hair and neither does nature. only people assign shame because of some preconceived opinion.

when jesus said 'if any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple', he was teaching in the house of the wicked. indeed one must leave the wickedness to be able to love the truth. taking that quote out of context one could easily believe one should hate oneself and ones family yet the true meaning is deeper than that.

jesus indeed was teaching love. a world of wickedness and evil shun the truth and love. even inside a family, those that accept the truth and love will get a hard time from the wicked. reading all of matthew 10 i see that the sword mentioned in 10:34 is more of a parable revealing that teaching about love in a wicked world won't come easy.

selassie the first say something similar in his un speech made famous by the bob marley song 'war'. until the philosophy of the wicked is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, there will be war. as the wicked discarded any respect for the word and entered into ethiopia with arms, surely his majesty picked up arms and did the work to defend the people, making the proverbial sword into reality, with love and compassion at heart never the less.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

Your response beggars belief, and really just shows the gulf that is between you, your illusion and the real truth. Slavery is a fact and the justification of it by Christianity is also a fact, whether or not you want to accept it, Indeed the Church of England recently admitted it branded slaves and also accepted money in compensation for the abolition of slavery. You seek to backslide by confusing the issue, but facts are facts just as the truth is the truth.
Jesus and Christianity was used by them to justify the abhorrent practice and the fictitious Jesus was mute on the fact, in seeking to backslide from the truth, you even have the temerity to resort to rehashing the very facts that I initially raised in respect of Selassie I being opposed to slavery.  Indeed you even go onto tell bare faced lies when you state
ďit is the i that is trying to make him into a jester by claiming he taught about a fictitious character.Ē At no time have I suggested Selassie I taught about a fictitious character, (where have you got that from?)
How is it that you can tell lies with such impunity? Wow, Rasta donít bear false witness, which is something you seem to do with alarming regularity.  An example of this is the following statement from you,

ďi know jesus had long hair because it is a historical fact. this is what i believe anyhow. i don't judge people for their hair and neither does nature. only people assign shame because of some preconceived opinion.Ē
You do not know if Jesus had long hair, you are lying when you say that.
I never said anything about judging people for their hair (length) that was said by Paul, and the shame you allude to, emanates from his pronouncement, and certainly not from I.

The rest of what you say is simply more of your subjective misunderstanding, but I will address one point,
What Selassie I said in that UN speech is not in the same context as what Jesus was saying when he said that those who hateth not his family etc cannot be his disciple. Itís nowhere near. Again you just resort to lies and Straw-man argument to try and justify your non-sense

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

notice that i said "don't listen to the slave master, listen to his majesty". christianity at the whole being as ignorant as the slave master does in no way make the jesus of nazareth that his majesty teach about a fictitious character. it is the same character in the bible. the christians that allowed slavery must have gotten stuck on other teachings that jesus in the bible did not teach.

nice at least that we agree about selassie being opposed to slavery.

i don't like the i accusing i for telling lies. if the i don't mean what i think the i is saying then just make a correction and clarification. in the post on february 24 the i claim jesus of the bible to be fictitious. that is the same jesus that selassie teach about as being real so the i need to clarify which is which.

the i need to stop picking i sentences apart and look at the whole of what i am saying. i stated as a clarification that it was i belief that jesus had long hair. this belief i got from watching a picture from the palace of selassie the first where there was a picture of jesus. i don't have this picture, i only mention it to explain where i got this idea.

i know it was paul that asked a question about long hair. the i don't have to excuse the i self for not having a judgmental attitude about it.

the i is so shallow to mention that the i subjective opinion is that i only have further misunderstanding. reason with some depth or keep it to the i self.

what selassie the first said in the un speech and what jesus said is roughly 2000 years apart. they are talking about the same thing though. selassie is describing the divisive philosophy of the wicked. it is that divisive philosophy that prevent the wicked from showing true love for humanity. what jesus is saying is that without leaving that kind of thinking, and realize how disgusting those that maintain that kind of thinking, behind it is impossible to acknowledge and follow the teachings of love. only by leaving the wickedness is it possible to be and show real love, even to the wicked.

i don't think the i even know what a straw-man argument is, the i just blame others for using it when the i don't understand what is being said.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »

Listen, the first couple of lines of youíve wrote doesnít any make sense at all to l, what are you trying say or more to the point what do you mean? As for your response regarding "the christians that allowed slavery  must have gotten stuck on other teaching....Ē I feel that you are trying disrespect I, I told you that the institution aka Church of England actually i.e. profited from slavery and inflicted some of the most brutal forms of torture on slaves( by branding them) and you come back with this? WTF!!
As for your remark (ďnice at least that we agree about selassie being opposed to slavery.Ē) It was I who brought up the facts regarding Selassie I and slavery to highlight the difference between the biblical Jesus and H.I.M.
It is you who takes  it as a given that H.I.M. ah  talk bout the biblical Jesus, I donít happen to share  your belief  based upon facts, as I showed you already, the bible youíre reading is not the same Bible that H.I.M. ah read

As for your explanation re Jesus and the long hair, I already knew that it was  just a belief you was quoting, but  Iman  donít deal with that still , just the facts, i.e. truth and rights.  Ah so Rasta stay keeping it real, seen!  If you know it was Paul who made the quote about long hair, why seek to twist it up to sustain an unsustainable view point? Ah so Christian stay, pure subterfuge and ginnal-ship.
As for the paragraph re Selassie and the UN and the Jesus ting, is totally bizarre and insane, actually itís scary that  you can actually write that and intend it to be taken seriously.
As for the Straw-Man argument, Yes I do know what they are and incidentally, I find that itís you who uses them to justify your misunderstanding etc, as evidenced by the Jesus long hair scenario.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:40:27 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »

the different bibles may not use the exact same wording yet the core meaning is the same. that is what i gather from reading different versions. the ethiopian bible i have not read yet what i see from his majesty him adhere to the core.

the thing that allowed the church to benefit from slavery is their not adhering to the teachings of jesus. the teachings of jesus in the bible does not approve chattel slavery so there is no difference with selassie on that point.

i leave that question of long hair made by paul to paul. it is nature that make hair grow. i don't see any reason to get wind up about it.

regarding the teachings of selassie and jesus, the i still leave out any reasoning on the i part only to leave a discrediting, unfounded opinion about it. while i described the similarities the i only left a disconnected opinion without any reasoning.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

But you nah reason, ah just embellishment and misguided self opinion you a bring come....
Where you state the following; the thing that allowed the church to benefit from slavery is their not adhering to the teachings of jesus. the teachings of jesus in the bible does not approve chattel slavery so there is no difference with selassie on that point. this serves to highlight your own shortcomings not to mention misunderstanding, and to be honest, I can't continue to keep up a discourse with someone who readily resorts to distortion of facts and brings (what could be considered) lies to try and make a point.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »

the i keep accusing i for lies, yet don't tell what is a lie. the i keep accusing i for misunderstanding yet don't explain the real foundation.

this lead i to think the i is lacking in the clarity of explanation department.

i reason according to i understanding. the i seem to just sit up on a pedestal throwing scorn around.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »

Alright you hold on pon dat misassumption

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 04:49:25 AM »

saying 'the i is wrong' is not a valid argument, it may be true, yet considering the importance his majesty assign to education one should expect further explanation than that, especially from someone living up to his majesty's order of doing things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.