Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 2798 times)

rastaman716

• Standard User
Death Penalty
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

I was in class today taking notes on capital punishment and it got me wondering what everyone thinks of the death penalty. Do you think someone who has murdered and hurt and raped with no remorse should be killed for their crimes? Or is killing never justifiable?
One good thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

supereuropa

• Full User
Re: Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

I actually feel getting jailed for your whole life is worse than getting killed.

Serenity

• New User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »

This is a hard one as I am sympathetic by nature. . .  But in my opinion, surely some people should be put to death.  Now there are some mitigating circumstances at work - Should you kill someone for posing a threat to your wife and Children (Family), then I cannot fault that.  Remove them from the face of the Earth as they did in the old testament - HOWEVER- Should it be a merciless attack of no real grounding and just pure evil, I personally think "Off with their head"

Additionally rapists and peadophiles should be killed EVEN if they did not kill a person physically, surely you have killed their spirit of any innocence - and what use is any Man/Woman without their spirit.

Capital punichment should not be doled out freely - but in my opinion, doled out it must be. . .

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

i may agree on the death penalty in regard to people who aggressively and repeatedly show disregard for human value. certainly for true refinement ones need to rise above revenge and contempt to foster the value of compassion.

Ramon

• New User
  • Freedom Fighter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:30:52 AM »

in short: eye for an eye.

Im not talking about petty crimes.  Those who deserve it, like killers and hardend criminal people should be silenced and awaiting judgement from THE highest. 

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »

How about we address the problems in society that causes people to commit such hideous crimes?

I personally do not believe anyone is born a rapist or murderer. Just their circumstances, education, and the influence of their lifes that lead them to such a path.

I also believe that if you believe someone deserves to die you should be the one who looks them in the eye and takes their life.... Now surely that would make that person a murderer too?

These are my personal beliefs on the matter.
Even the longest journey starts with one step

supereuropa

• Full User
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:28 AM »

While I absolutely agree with you that their surroundings have a huge influence, I think they can be born with a mental illness that can get them to do horrible things, too. Even so, all of these things could be prevented indeed.

Ramon

• New User
  • Freedom Fighter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »

I blame the media for the biggest part since they have a huge influence on society. And people that doesnt pay any attention to those who need it are the ones to blame as well.

Janette

• Normal User
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »

I think its very simple: NO one has the right to take live , ( once he/she is not the giver ).

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »

in the case of aggressive violators i would not blame the i if the i killed someone in self defense. that however does not mean that the one that survives such an encounter automatically would be the victim.

i don't want trigger happy police running around and neither do i want vicious criminals roaming the streets.

i think the suggestion to prevent the situation where someone feel they have to kill someone is the way forward. end poverty and improve the life and opportunity of those that feel hopelessly pushed to the point of desperation. without a doubt what is needed is spiritual cultivation which really is the anti-thesis of atrocities and cut-throat competition. the criminals are only looking for short-term gain totally ignoring the long-term effects on the human population and the earth.

more contemplation and grounded reasoning is needed. most wickedness, if not all, is caused by mankind itself and their policies.

hope

• Newbie User
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:52:32 PM »

Greetings all people, im new here, i know this an old post but i want to add something if i may, i agree with all the posts who expressed that an Eye for an Eye in favour of the Death Penalty in the case of No Doubt,rapists,peados,killers. . . what id like to add is that Yes the" systems of society" which are run by the elite powerfull rich,who are not affected by These Systems  actually BREED mental individuals.  I dont think that desperate criminals trying to survive by robbing are what we are talking about, rather its the Wierdos who plan and network ideas to carry out their fantasies,be it child molesters or any other sexual abusers. . often-it appears-they are supported/encouraged by others in their twisted thinking. . . if any of you are aware of what has been unfolding in the uk government recently with top mps and media so called celebrities. . a whole system of paedos,judges,offenders, one big club. . . so how can we have justice when those in control are the ones in the sick game? moving on. . . i dont think that prison is the solution,doesnt it make people worse?what happens when they are released and also the sentences for wicked crimes are often so small if anything, and a disgcrace to the victims and the family who suffer forever.  .  does anyone think that the victims "left behind family" would say Yes to being the one to "flick the switch"??? i do believe there are many cases where the families of victims would say "Yes". . . sure its nice for us to try and be forgiving to wicked monsters but if you had your loved one raped and murdered would you really be able to cope with life knowing that the guilty one got away with it and can do it again when they are released. ?it may destroy you to live with that or it may destroy you to flick the switch and have your revenge.  every person has a different way to cope.  im a humanist,i dont want to see evil,murder,hate in our world but it is here. . Maybe the left behind families should be the ones to decide on the judgement???. . . i dont have a solution, we all have different ways. . . if we had good people running our societies it would be a better place for everyone everywhere, too many people are sheeple. . i live in optimism and hope for love to make us stronger. . Blessings to all living things to find a good life. . .  is there a Rastafarian idealogy on this type of subject? im new to Rastafari,so i dont know.  Blessings. love and protection. Hope.
Respect Mother Earth.    .    .     Wadada.    .    .     Means.    .    .     Love.    .    .

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.