Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Red Gold and Green  (Read 2609 times)

Ras Fish

• Standard User
Red Gold and Green
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »

I wear bands on my wrist with the Ras colours on and I never take them off as I find it disraspectful to Jah if Iman not showing the colours and standing for righteousness. My sport teacher came up to I at one point and asked I to take them off for safety reaaons. So I told him that I would not take them off because it was part of I spirituality. He then proceeded to grumble under his breath and walk away. Since then I have started wearing  long sleeves so he cannot see the bands. At my last lesson he thought I had taken them off and said "So have you given up on the faith of the rastafarians?" So I told him that I only had to show the colours and not always wear the wristbands. He then laughed right in my face, walked out of the room laughing and outside the room he just said very loudly "Hah! Rastafarians!" As you imagine I was not particularly pleased and he is getting irritated at the fact that I won't speak a word to him... I just l wanted to put that out there as it has been bugging I for a while!
Bless X

Knowledge

• Veteran User
Re: Red Gold and Green
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

Men will always fight you down when you sight de light, ah so dem programme, but de I have to realise that when you're on a higher trod, there will always  be them who will try to hold you down and seek to deflect one from the path, ah so de system work, you ain't de first and you won't certainly be the last.

Bless,,,

tabitha15

• New User
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »

I'm having a similar problem although I'm not sure, it could be my own insecurity.

I very recently got my first Tam and have been wearing it about as I intended to do but I am still waiting for some ignorant, racist or uneducated person to take it further than just giving me dirty looks. I refuse to not wear it just because other's don't approve but I can't go anywhere without feeling fear of something just waiting to happen.

Same with dreads I don't have my own yet, I'm growing my hair now, but I also fear what sort of attitude they may bring on me maybe from other non-rasta blacks as I'm white, saying I'm being racist etcetera but like the Tam I refuse to not grow them or hide them as some of us do as I feel that hiding them is not respecting the strength of Jah and is allowing the oppression of Babylon to get to us.

Again this could be just my own fear but whether it is or not it is still there every time I show the colours.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:25:15 PM by tabitha15 »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »

to fear the racist/wicked is to give them power. stay firm in jah love and know that truth and justice is worth far more than cowering to fascist inclinations. be proud of who the i is and look down on no other.

rastaman716

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 05:16:06 PM »

to fear the racist/wicked is to give them power. stay firm in jah love and know that truth and justice is worth far more than cowering to fascist inclinations. be proud of who the i is and look down on no other.

words of wisdom. Oskar knows what he's talking about, heed his advice
One good thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

tabitha15

• New User
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »

Thank you very much Oskar. It's nice to know others understand the problem and don't let it bother them. In a way that's inspirational.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »

I'm having a similar problem although I'm not sure, it could be my own insecurity.
I very recently got my first Tam and have been wearing it about as I intended to do but I am still waiting for some ignorant, racist or uneducated person to take it further than just giving me dirty looks. I refuse to not wear it just because other's don't approve but I can't go anywhere without feeling fear of something just waiting to happen.
Same with dreads I don't have my own yet, I'm growing my hair now, but I also fear what sort of attitude they may bring on me maybe from other non-rasta blacks as I'm white, saying I'm being racist etcetera but like the Tam I refuse to not grow them or hide them as some of us do as I feel that hiding them is not respecting the strength of Jah and is allowing the oppression of Babylon to get to us.
Again this could be just my own fear but whether it is or not it is still there every time I show the colours.

@tabitha15
I just read your post and wonder why you are waiting for an ignorant racist/uneducated person to take it further than giving you dirty looks? Why would black people say that you're racist because you're growing 'locks? As you state yourself, a lot of the negativity you 'experience' seem to be emanating from within yourself. As they say; careful for what wish for! I for one would say let go of the negativity/fear and start being 'heartical' (and positive) rather than fretting and wishing negativity upon yourself.

One Love (and overstanding) is what Rastafari -ah deal with, seen!!

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »

So, true that you need to be confident in yourself.  Stand firm in what you believe always as there will always be those who don't understand and will try to bring you down to their level.  Pray to JAH for courage and LOVE, it will come.  Blessings!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:31:01 PM by Peace_Loving »

Ras Fish

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:18 AM »

Thank you for all of this, I haven't been on the site for quite a while and so I hadn't seen any of this until today. I came back on specifically because I need your help. Yesterday at my school, someone took the liberty of cutting one of my locks. As you can imagine this upset me greatly and it keeps going through my head as something I can do nothing about. Please can someone help me and tell me what I should do about it.
Bless

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »

kids at school often do things like this because they don't know any better. the adults at this location need to make sure that behavior like that is not accepted. the i should contact the school authorities and report this assault on the i. if they won't listen the i should go to the police or some human rights organization to ask for help. school need to be a place where children are taught to respect one another. guidance and strength to the i. stand firm and know the i rights. blessed

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.