Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: MessiaTafari MysTafari  (Read 6454 times)

Knowledge

• Veteran User
Re: MessiaTafari MysTafari
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 06:35:42 PM »

Again you seek to distort (lie) why don’t you actually reproduce what I have written rather than what you feel or should I say, what you think I mean? Because that way we would be able to have the conversation based upon a true sound and not based upon hypothetical accusation that you seem to invent on whim to try and make your argument?  I never put forward nothing hypothetical, what I wrote was as follows; “However, I do not share the suggestion that was then made, i.e. the root of rasta is him hailie selassie the first jah Rastafari” I then followed that up with “Jah Rastafari is synonymous with the term The Godheadcreator, seen! So for one to state that Selassie I is the first jah rastafari is something of a misnomer (or oxymoron) insofar as Creation (which is allegedly billions of years old) was created by the Godheadcreator, (Jah Rastafari) so if we accept that The Creator is the first Jah Rastafari, then how does that fit in with the assertion made about H.I.M. Selassie I (who was born 1892?) as the first Jah Rastafari? This assertion implies there is more than one Jah Rastafari which is certainly not the case”. I actually asked you to explain this and I note that you have completely avoided that request!

As for your explanation re anti-proof, Your context makes no sense at all, Proof in itself can demonstrate whether something is wrong or right, You make your assumption based upon evidence that is clearly not there, because I make a denial, then in your eyes I am proving something is wrong. What a load of nonsense, grow up!! As for your powers of deduction, well it just goes to demonstrate that you have issues, a little word of advice that you ought to be familiar with, “Judge not lest ye be Judged”
As for your little rant about Christianity, I am not a Christian/Muslim or any other ism you might care to mention, As I said before "everyone is free to hold on to their belief as long as they are not hurting anyone." As for the bible, well as I said “I do not accept anything based upon lies or mis-understanding.” 

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:38 AM »

so the i said 'jah rastafari is synonymous with the term godheadcreator, seen' in between. jah rastafari is haile selassie the first and the reason why him is the root of rasta, is one and the same. the hypothetical argument is what follows and the i further question the unity of haile selassie the first with the godheadcreator. i have explained this and the i have ignored i explanation.

the i denying to acknowledge i explanation don't prove it wrong. this is what i mean with the i expressing a belief that denial would be the anti-proof of a thing. this is not judgment, it is reasoning and the saying is not 'as ye reason so shall ye not reason'.

i did not give a rant about christianity, i was explaining about his majesty, and him being the core of rasta, and about the worth of the values and morals him express and the need to align with his teachings to be able to call oneself rasta.

anyone can hold on to their belief as long as they are not hurting anyone and as such they should not portray themselves as following one belief when they actually hold on to another. giving a false impression would be to hurt others by misleading them.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »

I‘ve read your response and all I can say is I am astonished, as you make no sense whatsoever!
As they say “every word in English, but yet still a completely foreign language.”  
I don’t want to sound funny, but what are you actually alluding to? For instance, your paragraph about my denial of your explanation is complete gibberish. What/which explanation are you referring to?
Where you write the following “the saying is not 'as ye reason so shall ye not reason'.”  What are you talking about?

I also noted (albeit with a wry smile,) that you have adopted my comments about “anyone can hold on to their belief as long as they are not hurting anyone”... good for you!!! It appears you’re heading for a meltdown, my advice to you is to calm down and think before you write, instead of reacting with angry non-sense.
Seen...

Ps; I've deliberately omitted to comment on the first paragraph of your incoherent posting, as I am considering something before making my reply,
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:37:08 AM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »

i wrote an explanation dated april 09, 02:42:14. the i can look into that and if it appears as gibberish maybe something is wrong with your web browser. if the i need clarification i can say that the spiritual aspect is not bound by time and space.

what i was saying about reasoning was that reasoning don't require everyone to say exactly the same thing, at least ones should be willing to expound on an idea told and likewise make an effort to understand the idea of another by expounding on what is not understood or giving countering arguments to lead the reasoning forward. apologies if the thing i quoted was rather unclear.

i am quite at ease with this reasoning and don't understand what the i say about meltdown. respect of proper belief is nothing new to i and the i was certainly not the first one i hear it from.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »

As I said to you before, your response dated April 9th didn’t make sense that’s why it was gibberish. (it has nothing to do with the browser). If I recall correctly, within the first paragraph of that post, you actually agreed with my statement.
As for the rest of it, I disagreed with your assertion, as I feel that Jah Rastafari (the Godhead Creator) is the root of Rasta, Hailie Selassie I (which incidentally =Power and Might of the Trinity) is actually a title that was adopted by the Negus Tafari on his ascension to the throne.

Indeed your posting of the 9th April, did not clarify anything as I pointed out to you then.

As for your reference to the spiritual aspect, that in itself doesn’t say anything, does it?

Finally; in light of your comments regarding reasoning, contrary to your take on it, I for one feel, that a one must know something for them self, I might drop a reasoning or a perspective, which may or may not resonate with the reader, Then it's for the listener/reader to go away and go and do their homework and research it, and not to simply accept or reject something without checking it out for themselves. Seen!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 07:23:29 PM »

it is quite clear over here. if it appear as gibberish where the i is at then something must have happened on the way. haile selassie is the name of his majesty since before time and revealed at his crowning. the title is emperor. as for the spiritual aspect the i just have to go study more.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »

it is quite clear over here. if it appear as gibberish where the i is at then something must have happened on the way. haile selassie is the name of his majesty since before time and revealed at his crowning. the title is emperor. as for the spiritual aspect the i just have to go study more.
Actually the title is Emperor Hailie Selassie I the first, if we want to get pedantic. But I'm more interested to know how you know that he had that name since before time given he only took on that name at his coronation?.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

if the i go study ethiopia the i will see that 'haile' is a name and 'selassie' is a name too. emperor is a title or rank denoting status in the same manner as king or duke or prince signify the status of the one in question. haile selassie as the emperor of ethiopia meaning haile selassie as the sovereign ruler of ethiopia.

the name answers the question of who is ruling and the title answers what his assigned task is. ethiopia have had many emperors and the title they have assumed is one and the same.

the existence of haile selassie since before time is something made known by the might of the trinity through spiritual revelation. i accept that this is a matter of faith when explained to others yet that don't change the fact that haile selassie is the name of the emperor.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »

Hailie Selassie I is the name that Lij Tafari/Dejazmach Tafari/Ras Tafari/Negus Tafari took on his coronation, that is the fact!!

How you want to view that (from a faith point of view) is entirely upto you, but I am just dealing with the truth/facts, seen!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 03:00:12 AM »

his majesty actually spelled it as haile sellassie.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »

How you want to view H.I.M. is upto you, but in regard to your reference to "a matter of faith", I find that such references and terms (as used in this instance) are just there to conceal the weakness in the assertion, and it is something that I find is used frequently by those who have a flimsy point. Indeed it easy for one to behind the term "faith" to compensate for that which one cannot articulate or simply does not know. Which is fair enough! However, I happen to adhere to the "seek and you shall find" line of awareness. For I find that the word faith (and all that it implies) is a word that, in itself, effectively serves to limit one's own critical faculties, and also dampens the inherent awareness by simply allowing one to accept and adhere to what they are told or what they read, rather than ascertaining the truth for their own self.

Indeed the term faith stems from 12th Century English word feith, which itself comes from contemporary 12th Century Latin fides ="duty of fulfilling one's TRUST (agreement) with the Church (Roman Cult)". The term is deliberately corrupted from the earlier - non legal meaning of the word, which included the following "confidence, reliance, belief, word of honor".

The word only acquired its spiritual association i.e. "An obligation of loyalty or fidelity to the Doctrine of the Church (Roman Cult)" in the 14th Century. But
by the 18th Century, the word faith finally acquired its generic meaning "A BELIEF that something is TRUE and/or REAL".  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:29:20 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »

in i dictionary faith is declared as complete trust or confidence in someone or something. i think that is how his majesty meant it as well. what i know for i self is with confidence. if i faith appear as flimsy to the i it is only because the i is trying to see god through i spectacles. concern the i self with the i own peace with the most high and stop call a next one flimsy. this has nothing to do with the roman church, they don't have monopoly on god or things spiritual and if we were talking about fides we would have used that word. what we are talking about is faith in the most high, a concept far older than any church. before any human being existed there was his majesty and before any planet earth existed there was his majesty in pure meditation.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »

As any objective reader would note, I submitted an explanation regarding the word faith, how it originated and how came to be embedded into the psyche of “every-day people.” You then respond to that with “in your dictionary faith is declared as blah blah!” Really? Given that I done reveal how the word found its way into the dictionary already, you respond with that!! I also note that you state "you think that is how his majesty meant it" Well how you think things are meant and how they actually go are indeed two entirely different things, Seen? As I said to you previously, how you want to believe things are, is entirely up to you, However, whereas that may be your flex, I n I prefer to deal with the truth and not simply the (make) belief.  It’s interesting that you make a reference to “viewing god through i spectacles,” Just so you’re clear, please rest assured that I certainly do not want to view god through your spectacles. While we’re on the topic of spectacles, I seem to recall the following remarks from Marcus Garvey, .” Whilst our God has no color, yet it is human to see everything through one's own spectacles, and since the white people have seen their God through white spectacles, we only now started out (late though it be) to see our God through our own spectacles. The God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. We believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God - That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship Him through the spectacles of Ethiopia. Which is underlines what I’m saying in respect of how you feel things go and how they are in reality.

As for your jibe where you suggest that I ought “to concern myself with my own peace with the most high”, I wasn’t aware that I was in any friction with the “most high”, or is that another of your mis-perceptions?  I stated the origins of the word faith as how it came into modern language and how it obtained its current meaning and those words do have a lot to do with Rome. As for your argument re ”faith in the most high being far older than any church,” I would respond by telling you that your assertion is not correct, and as for your comments re “his majesty existing in pure meditation”, I would like to you to expand on that, for in the absence of a credible explanation, then you are not making any sense at all, and I would, in the absence of said reasoning, have to assume that you’re throwing words for the sake of it. 

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 05:45:19 PM »

the i can be stuck in past meanings of the i want to yet the substance of the reasoning is up front. everything i see confirm his majesty. if the i want to call the i garvey then feel free. i rather look at were the finger is pointing, which means moving past the finger. it is haile selassie the first whom i praise. if the i have a problem with i faith it is not the i position to concern the i with it.

as a matter of discussion i rather find it interesting to see what kind of actions certain faith lead to. generally speaking, when faith turns to be an excuse to commit hateful actions it is only an attempt to sidestep their intentions.

if i as a human being have anything to say about the most high it is with equal right as anyone else. when a one express their position all they do is reveal their stance and attitude toward creation and most high himself.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

You are not making no sense, your response here is meaning-less. It may even help some if you got your grammar in order.
As for your reference to past meanings, please note that I am not stuck in anything! All I have done is revealed to you how the word “faith” became lodged in 'your dictionary' and the original meanings behind the word. Nothing less, nothing more! 

Your assertion “that everything you see confirm his majesty”, is nothing but a subjective statement, which is fair enough, you’re more than entitled to express your view-point, as long as you are aware that, that is all it is, your point of view! It would carry more weight if you were able to articulate or better still clarify the reasoning behind your assertion. By the way, I certainly was not calling you Garvey quite the opposite! I was actually highlighting the difference between your use of his metaphor and what he was actually meaning when he made his utterance. 

You state that you praise Hailie Selassie I, which is a revelation to I, as I actually thought that you praised Jesus! But I would like to clarify one point, insofar as your faith has absolutely nothing to do with I and as such, is of no concern to I whatsoever. Why would it be?
Unlike you, I find it of no interest to see where faith leads to as it leads nowhere! As for your last paragraph re; “reveal their stance and attitude toward creation and most high himself.”  As I said previously, that is your subjective point of view.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.