Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Grapes  (Read 2541 times)

joseph

• New User
Grapes
« on: April 09, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »

In the Nazarite vow it says  not to eat grapes. Why? Do you eat or not eat grapes? why? I don't see any problem with grapes. I know this is rambling but I wanted to ask several questions to get this moving, It would be interested to know peoples opionions on this.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Grapes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:09:11 AM »

the nazarite vow is a vow unto the most high. making personal sacrifices such as abstaining from things as a way of getting closer to the most high can have many benefits surpassing the obvious qualities of the item in question. anyone called to do such is a thing between a one and the most high. the nazarite vow is one such vow.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

the nazarite vow is a vow unto the most high. making personal sacrifices such as abstaining from things as a way of getting closer to the most high can have many benefits surpassing the obvious qualities of the item in question. anyone called to do such is a thing between a one and the most high. the nazarite vow is one such vow.

The above quote is not  strictly true;
In general there are three types of nazirites:
 A nazirite for a set time
 A permanent nazirite
 A nazirite like Samson
 Each one of these has slightly different laws. For example, a permanent nazirite is allowed to cut his hair once a year if the hair is bothersome. A Samson-like nazirite is a permanent nazirite and is not enjoined to avoid corpses. These types of nazirites have no source in the Bible but are known through tradition
The aversion to grapes is also due to the abstinence rule in respect of alcohol, as that was the defacto beverage of the time. It was also as a consequence of the translation of bible by scholars and clerics for their own purposes.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »

there is no need to claim i quote to be wrong for the i to post the i further reasoning. there is nothing strictly wrong with what i say here.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »

I am not claiming your wrong for the sake of it, I am merely clarifying tings for the bredrin who asked the question.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »

claiming i am wrong is not even related to what the i was saying. try to stay relevant to the reasoning.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »

Like I said, I am merely clarifying tings for the bredrin who asked the question, seen!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 06:45:04 PM »

as did i, even if in a more general kind of way.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »

Clarity entails the use of "specifics" to make things clear. Whereas Generalities gives rise to "confusion" the exact opposite to clarity.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:52:08 PM by Knowledge »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

i was expounding on the specifics of vows and the abstaining of things as a way of following the personal calling towards the most high. a one can be abstaining from alcohol and another one can be fasting through abstaining from certain foods. though the subject of abstention differs the mechanics are the same as reverence before the most high.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »

the exact opposite to clarity.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »

the i is not very specific on what is unclear. reading back on what the i been responding in different threads it seem to be the i standard response to call things gibberish, nonsense or as the i do now, calling this the opposite of clarity.

i can not disprove that the i don't get what i am saying yet i get the feeling the i is only denying the obvious as a way to cause uncertainty or commotion to disrupt the reasoning.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »

If you actually applied objectivity when you read what I've written you would see that I am 'as clear as a church bell!' Pardon the pun!!

However, so that we're clear, I don't (need to throw) misinformation and subjective view points to embellish my posts, I apply 'clarity' to my posts in order that the reader can fully overstand what I am saying. I would concede that I may not join all the dots, but then again I am not seeking to do that, it is for a one to go out and try to know the truth rather than rely on belief and faith. Indeed I always say go and check out what I have written and see if it is not true...

In response to the assertion contained within your last line, i.e. i get the feeling the i is only denying the obvious as a way to cause uncertainty or commotion to disrupt the reasoning.

Yeah I hear you, but further to that subjective viewpoint, I would reply by pointing out to you that the truth is kinda like that, offensive!! But as they say, it certainly ain't a sin!!

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »

i was expressing a subjective explanation of the reason why people might be fasting, as an attempt to inform those that seem to be offended or perplexed by faith and the manifestation thereof. faith is the subjective experience of the most high and as such no one have the authority to interfere in or judge another in such matters simply because they can't know the experience of another.

looking at the world it seem that those with no faith at times want to force their faithlessness on everyone else even though an objective observation would reveal that their faithlessness is equally subjective as those that have faith.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.