Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Dub Siren DX app  (Read 3282 times)

S Garvey13

• Standard User
Dub Siren DX app
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »

Hi folks.  Dunno how many of you have or use an iPad, but there's a great app for listening to Reggae, dub, dubstep etc called Dub Siren DX.  it's basically an app that gives access to over 100 internet reggae music stations, so you'll need an internet connection to use it.  Not only can you listen to the music but you can manipulate it using the bass and treble controls, and the delay and feedback so you can make your own dub tracks from normal reggae songs, though it takes practice.  There's effects built in from reggae artists and sound system DJs to add to the music if you like.  I think it's supposed to replicate a soundsystem controller that might've been used back in the day. 
 It really is fun and you can play your own tunes from your iTunes list if you have it.  You can listen to the music while using other apps too.  I tried to put a screen shot from my iPad to show the app but the file is too big.  If you go to the app store you'll be able to find it there.  Can't remember if it's free or not, I suspect not :-(
But check it out anyway, I love it.  Oh, and I'm not an Apple sales person btw ;) LOL

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Dub Siren DX app
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »

i don't know did ya try a blind test? i don't think i can get this on my thing.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »

Quote from: Oskar link=topic=8467. msg80254#msg80254 date=1367506283
i don't know did ya try a blind test? i don't think i can get this on my thing.
Erm, not sure what you mean by blind test.  Just me being dim there.  But as far as I know it's only available on iPad and not Android tablets and not on computers either.  I had a look on the app store and it's there, but dunno how much it is as the price doesn't show once it's been downloaded. 

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »

with a fair amount of knowhow representing the ingenuity of the area the i could grab a shoe box and some wire and make something to play a tune so groovy it would make my grandma dance, and she is dead so that would require quite a tune.

a shoe box and a wire in the hands of someone less able would only be a shoe box and a wire.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »

Alas the only shoe box with wires in that I own is just that, a shoe box with wires in it.  Handy for storage mind.  ;)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »

yes, a box can have many purposes. the i can use it as a resonance chamber or simply to keep stuff in them. what i was saying about music though is that a musician can use almost anything to make music. there is not a lack of equipment, only lacking creativity.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 05:40:35 PM »

Yes this is true.  I am a drummer myself, and though I'm not good enough to be able to turn a set of buckets or pots and pans into a drum kit I can play bongos on pretty much any solid surface.  A steering wheel in a car or truck usually works, not while moving of course ;) But sat in a jam I can rattle off a few beats to entertain myself.  I like to beat box too, though I'm nowhere near good enough to let other people hear it.  LOL

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 03:29:20 AM »

none likes a bad performance. the i is right to respect the work.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »

Here's a link to the app creators website if anyone is interested. http://dubsiren.com/

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »

i did check this and it is indeed a pay for app. not very expensive though.

S Garvey13

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »

i did check this and it is indeed a pay for app. not very expensive though.
Good good. I've had it quite a while now and couldn't remember what I paid. I use it a lot though, so I think it's worth it.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.