Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Nazrite vow and Judaism  (Read 1765 times)

Musikmann247

• Newbie User
Nazrite vow and Judaism
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:16:37 AM »

So. . . .  I started to grow locks but I felt I wasn't pure enough and commuting myself to Jah.  So I've shaved my head to start all over.  I would like to take the nazrite vow officially with a priest. . .  But I heard I cannot because I am not nor have I ever been Jewish. . .  I would like to eventually be baptized in the church.  But I can't just up and go to New York.  Should I visit a Jewish temple and become Jewish before I seek the church of His Imperial Majesty???

I want to officially give up my life to Jah.  I want to be taken seriously.

Bless love and respect
Posted on: March 23, 2014, 05:52:06 AM
Ok. . .  So. . . .  Maybe I'm getting all of this stuff mixed up. . .  I just don't understand how I could expect to be taken seriously as some white kid walking in to the church of a Haile Selassie I in Brooklyn, NY.  Especially now that I've shaved my head.

I just don't want to be looked at like a wannabe or a phoney.  My family thinks my spiritual walk is a joke.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Nazrite vow and Judaism
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »

greetings one,

the i don't need a church to follow jah. the i should reason with people though as it is the furtherance of mankind. don't go chasing appearances, love is a concept of the heart and as long as the i keep the i heart dread and circumcised it will be the i crown and majesty. it is in no way possible to determine if a one is a rasta man or rasta woman by how them keep their hair, it's like judging a persons character by the color of their skin. look deeper.

jah glory light the path, we are one people of jah earth and we come in multiple color and different arrangements yet one through love. the highest principle.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.