Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rasta Literature Reviews  (Read 5173 times)

Speed

Rasta Literature Reviews
« on: December 28, 2004, 03:53:52 PM »

I was thinking, if people have read a book concerning Rastafari then they should leave a little review in this thread... That way people can come in here and get information without having to sit through many many posts

I will start in a little while, if people could refrain from commenting on the topic like 'Good Idea' or 'Bad Idea' that way it won't get clogged with unneccessary information

Speed

Re: Rasta Literature Reviews
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 07:18:53 PM »

The Rastafarians - Leonard Barrett

The only real complaint I had about this book that I had one of the older editions and some of the stuff was no longer true... Apart from that it taught me alot and I think it is a must read so you can study the history and the roots, ''You don't know where your going til you know where your from'' or something like that

Another thing I liked about this book is that it also critiscised some of the Rasta ways and ideals, which made me feel as if the book was unbiased and gave a fair over view

patricia39

Re: Rasta Literature Reviews
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:50:42 AM »

I really love reading books especially if it is literature.  So no wonder I already read the book of Leonard Barrett entitled "The Rastafarians".  It is a very good book that teaches you all you must know about the Rastafarian culture and religion.  I recommend it to everyone who has an open mind.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.