Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Can we have no religion and still believe in JAH..  (Read 7527 times)

xmusicALx

Can we have no religion and still believe in JAH..
« on: December 29, 2004, 08:25:13 PM »

hey everyone...

i was just wondering if we can still believe in God...but have no religion...because the way i see it is...every religion is based on different beliefs but we will never know till we meet God...and in the bible there were no different religions..so can we just believe in God?....and have no religion?...

x_pink_pixie_x

Re: Can we have no religion and still believe in J
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »

I believe in the Almighty, but I don't have a fixed religion as of yet.  [smiley=smiley.gif] So I guess it is!

xXxXxXxXxXx

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 10:11:01 PM »

whos gonna answer that question for you, who are you asking CAN WE BELIVE IN GOD?
for real g, gather strenth and gird up your loins, belive what you want because the god- who exsist whether you belive in him or not, gave you that right.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

JonaGus

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 10:16:43 PM »

I think the answer depends on how you define "religion." Most Rastas despise the word "religion," understanding it to be little more than man-made, external, extrinsic rules & laws, usually part of the oppressive babylon shitstem. Rastas oppose such "religion" and praise "spirituality."

But I think that "religion" can have a positive meaning. The root of the word means "to bind," and in this context, it means "that which binds us to Jah" (who is the ultimate reality). In this sense, religion means the same as yoga, i.e. the means by which we are "yoked" or "united" to Jah.

And you can only be truly bound, yoked, or united to Jah by interior, intrinsic bonds, by true spirituality, not by extrinsic and man-made rules.

So I would say there is true religion, which Jah gives us to spiritually bind us to Jah, and there is false religion, which is not from Jah.

JonaGus

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 10:18:18 PM »

elijah: I like your "Love is Responsibility" signature, brother.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 10:55:11 PM »

yea mon its the progession- before it was "rastafari is love" now we got to get to the harder stuff
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

staci

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 07:31:57 PM »

YES. Knowledge, is right.  well in my and his opinion that is.  (whether or not we think it is right doesnt mean others do not have a different view, knowledge. [smiley=wink.gif]) anyway, yeah what knowledge said.  i agree with.  It even states in the bible to give up all other religion.  But knowledge u are right u cant pray for these other people.  they have a mind of their own so let them have that mind.  They will come up with their own conclusions.  im not telling u to stop encouraging, no way, encouraging is a beautifull thing, but pushing them is not.  See what i mean?  Let others think for themselves.  Maybe if u try to see where others views come from then u could see some common ground, or not.  im just trying to help.  I love ur message but ur message also can be a negatively repetative one.  choice.  i think u know what i mean.  im me if u dont.
one
respect   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 07:32:16 PM by staci »

rasrossi

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 07:43:39 PM »

I have wondered what ma faith would have been without Christianity then came to the conclusion dat...dia would have been another way to give me the direction to trust in my God.same applies to the question and i wish to elaborate a bit......

There are so many Religions ina d Planet Earth...dia is Christianity which is broad,dia is Hindus,Islam,Pagans etc yet all have one focus..JAH.

Tru any of the Religion one gets Direction to Jah...even the pegans mainly in Africa,Asia and the sub-Continent worship God...the Hindus do worship God thou they have got these kinda Images anyway but all directs to one man..Jah even the Budd's does same so i must tell you brodas and sistas...Idren IandI would have believed in the one and only Jah Almighty if there aren't no Religion.

xmusicALx

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 02:49:08 AM »

thank you everyone for replying....I already believe in God...i was brought up to believe in Him...i just wanted to clear up if i can still believe in God without religion...and i got my answer....thanks everyone...

peace.

p.s. having no religion is great... i feel no restrictions...i dont have to believe in one thing or the other...i can just love God for God.

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.