Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Major Corporation Propaganda - First Hand!  (Read 3509 times)

Speed

Major Corporation Propaganda - First Hand!
« on: December 30, 2004, 05:28:54 PM »

I had asthma since I was born until about 14. During this time I had to take steroids and all these other drugs

Well recently I have been coughing a little, I put this down to the weather change, switching from city to country air and the fact alot of cold and flu is around... However my parents worry alot and wouldn't leave it until I went to the doctors

I went to the doctors and after giving me very little time and an attitude in which gave me the impression he really didn't care at all; he checked my lungs and peak flow (a test to see how strong your lungs are, i think)

He entered into his computer 'Lungs OK, Peak Flow OK' he even told me my peak flow was better than average. Yet, he still prescribed me an inhaler, which contains steroid content (which I am slightly against taking)

This inhaler cost me 6.50 GBP, which is roughly 12.50 USD. Now I have a friend who is a trainee nurse and every day she comes home with gifts presented to her from these pharmaceutrical companies. These include electronic organisers, gadgets pens, money, vouchers. My theory on it is that these companies 'groom' these doctors and nurses into prescribing patients drugs that aren't always needed in order to increase profits of these major coporations.  It's already been discovered that these companies give government 'campaign contributions' in order to certain laws 'relaxed'.  It is also known that these companies won't lower the prices of certain drugs in third world companies because they wouldn't be 'maximising profits' if they did.  I would always have hoped that a pharmaceutrical company would exist in order to help people....

JonaGus

Re: Major Corporation Propaganda - First Hand!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 09:31:57 PM »

I have a friend who is a trainee nurse and every day she comes home with gifts presented to her from these pharmaceutrical companies. These include electronic organisers, gadgets pens, money, vouchers. My theory on it is that these companies 'groom' these doctors and nurses into prescribing patients drugs that aren't always needed in order to increase profits of these major coporations.

Of course they do. It's no secret.

I would always have hoped that a pharmaceutrical company would exist in order to help people....

I don't doubt that they think they are helping people, and perhaps they actually do.

But they also exist to help themselves. That's capitalism. In fact, that's classic liberalism. And in the liberal capitalist tradition of Adam Smith and John Locke, numero uno is self, not others.

Fire upon self-interested liberal capitalism!

Speed

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 11:07:44 PM »

Bring it Down I say!

x_pink_pixie_x

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 11:11:46 PM »

Yeah!!!  Lol sorry i have a sudden metal image of an angry mob forming... [smiley=smiley.gif]
But still, I agree, it sucks.

xXxXxXxXxXx

Speed

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 01:08:55 AM »

'Brains over Brawn'  [smiley=cool.gif]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.