Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Truth About Haile Selassie I  (Read 9792 times)

newrasta

The Truth About Haile Selassie I
« on: January 06, 2005, 08:24:17 PM »

I am new to the rastafarian ways, and I have asked many questions about these ways, but I have heard different answers to this one, please someone help me with this question.This is the question...I have heard that Haile Selassie I was a great man, but I have also heard that he was horrible and tortured his people and decapitated them as well, what is true? I am truly sorry to anyone that is offended by this question, but I want to know the truth. I want to know this before I go around saying I'm a rasta. For now I just want to learn because I have yet to fully commit myself to any religion, and I have read much about this religion and think this is the one for me, but I want to know this before my commitment.

One Love

Stiritup66

Re: The Truth About Haile Selassie I
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:27:31 PM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
    When I speak these words, I speak to all "new" members of the Rasta Faith. Every time I hear uneducated voices speaking about Rasta it makes me sick. For those begining to feel the vibes of truth in their heart, YOU CAN NOT LOOK AT IT AS JOINING A NEW RELIGION! Rasta is a realization. During your lifetime it starts small and then becomes ever more present, but IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE! It is absolutly impossible for someone to "become" Rasta. Anyone who is capable of true love already was a Rasta, they simply did not REALEYES! Please don't go around belittling my faith by saying "I want to join, but I'm not sure". Keep your mouth closed until you realize for sure that this has always been a part of you! Then you will realeyes there is no need to join, infact it is impossible to join!
   I don't mean disrespect to "newrasta", but man, the words we speak are VERY important. To speak before you are even partially knowledgeable to something can cause much disrespect to those around you. The question about Haile Selassie comes far from offending me, as even the best of people can be easily decieved by the Babylon shitstem. There are plenty of "facts" you can find in the school books that need to be retaught to the people: these are daily realities every Rasta must deal with. What does offend me is the belittlement of my knowledge.
    Of course you need to discover more about Rasta before you go around calling yourself such, but if you are actually experiencing the truth rebirthing itself within you, you don't need to broadcast it to all to hear. Don't expect people to come running up to you and say hurray! We are so proud of you! Another one who might join our ranks! Again, I don't mean to jump on you, as you are certainly not the first I have heard speaking in this way, but I have heard it a lot and wish it to STOP!
     If you look to this forum to answer all (even some) of your questions of Rasta, you will be lost for a LONG time. There are many people who travel the path of truth which frequent this board, but their are even more who don't. Get the book entitled "Selected Speeches of H.I.M. Haile Selassie I 1918-1967" Read the words inside and decide for yourself if they are teachings that you are willing to devote you life to spreading. And I don't mean your life until the next attractive thing comes a long, I mean ETERNITY or until Jah personally tells you to STOP. If it is well in your heart then you can broadcast to any who can hear you that you are Rasta, for none will be able to stop you except the Almight Jah or yourself. If this day comes (with it undoubtedly can) then the real struggle begins. Although I said none can stop you, it certainly isn't a downhill slide. You must incorporate HIM's teachings into every aspect of your life. Don't expect a sunday trip to church as all the "God Time" required of you, for Rastas it is constant! The struggle will not end until Babylon falls!

Walk in the ways of HIM
Cedric

newrasta

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:45:35 PM »

Thank you Stiritup66 for enlightening me...you have opened my eyes to true rasta. I now realize that it's not something you convert to, it is something that has always been there and realizing it is there unlocks it. And it is also true what you say...no one should go around telling everyone "I'm a rasta man, I'm so cool," and I do not do that. Thanks again Stiritup66 for opening my eyes to TRUE Rasta.

One Love

P.S. That was very enlightening and I'll be sure to pick up that book Stiritup66 was talking about, but would anyone care to give me a brief history of Haile Selassie I?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 11:49:53 PM by newrasta »

Stiritup66

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:32:30 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
   You are much welcome, may your path lead you to true knowledge and love.

Seek and it shall be found!
Cedric

Amish2

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 08:36:18 PM »

Have you tried looking on the net you can find allot there.

fiya_man

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 11:57:36 PM »

Welcome and praise,

ive been reading about Rastafari for some time and my favorite reading about him and In'I is this one

http://www.congonattymusic.com/contents/inspiration.asp

in this page it explains about the In'I life and how Haile Selassie came to be
the conquering lion from the tribe Judah. But no website alone can teach you the ways of truth. Seach openly and carefully
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 11:59:36 PM by fiya_man »

knowhim4urself

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 03:57:14 AM »

What did Haile Selassie I say about "H.I.M."self?  That is the truth...no one can say who he was except him...

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 03:11:03 PM »

You can read what he said in a book called the new testament, its heavenly.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

BLING_BLAOH

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »

Yo! mi agree wid Stiritup. I believe di best thing to do is get as much knowledge as yu can about Rastafarianism. When yu come to a full understand and to the point where yu have unconditional faith in Jah, yu'll be alright.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 08:55:11 PM »

mmmm yes, no man knows the future, for now its safe to say that one who incessantly critisizes anothers faith is most likely insecure with his own, and him who labels his peers as ignorant is only trying to bring attention away for his own shortcomings. [smiley=smiley.gif]

ArkI

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 09:47:27 PM »

You said,
-------------------
Would it be foolish to call someone that doesnt know the truth about a specific topic ignorant? I dont think that would be too bad, especially when considering the meaning of ignorant.  
-------------------

So I guess that means I should call you ignorant.  You don't know the truth about RasTafarI, but you speak like you think you do.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 10:42:25 PM »

knowledge that statement right there proves you know all of nothing.
I think in the context you used the word ignorant it was meant to be an insult trown out of your own insecurity, you some boy in brooklyn is going to call the people affiliated with the oldest chrsitian church in the world, men much older and more experienced than you igonrant and then think its somehow defensable when even i another young boy is gonna calling you out. first of all you must be a solid christian to even consider rastafari diety. That why i defend you if other people tell you to go away cause christianity definantly belongs here, but you crossed the line.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 11:21:07 PM »

no i do remember thats my point, ive heard you do this enough times to have a good idea the context you use words under, if you knew so much about rasta you would know whether INI was into physics or not obviously, i dont have to presume your arrogant its quite plain.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 11:37:34 PM »

any man who goes " i know more about rastafarianism" to some other man he dosent even know over the internet is arrogant.
and you say you trying to bring down a false relgion but you yourself say that all religions are false so stop confusing yourself.

kinfokedez

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 12:16:45 AM »

Have you ever taken your jesus theories to any 'jewish' sites?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.