Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tupac Shakur  (Read 8424 times)

prophet7

Re: Tupac Shakur
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 04:21:08 PM »

Why do people tend to look more at the badness in someone than the " goodness ?"
Instead of posting Pacs words (which are negative for those with no overstanding about him) in here why not look at the good he did ? Are you yourselves perfect ? So why point fingers ? Did you live his life ? Did you have to go through what he went through ? Could you wear his shoes/ fit yourself in his shoes ? Did you know Pac personally to say what you are saying ? Do you know what he thought/what he had in mind ? Do you know his reason for wrtiting those lyrics ? What positiveness is there to write about when you're living in a negative world ? Just some questions to ponder on - answer them for yourselves (I never wrote them here to be answered, but rather to adress them to yourselves).

"Leave all judgement unto the Allmighty" - is that not what Jah say ?

Yes man, like Pac would say "Walk a mile in my shoes and you'd be crazy too."

One Love
Prophet7
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 04:24:48 PM by prophet7 »

JahJahSon

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 03:53:24 AM »

I dont know much about Tupac and I havent listened to his music much.  From what I have heard is that even though he lived this gangsta life of kill or be killed, he knew it would be the death of him.  The tone and manner in which he spoke of his lifestyle to me seemed like he wanted out but didnt know any way out or any other way of life.  Thats just my interpretation though.

rasta-jonesy

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 12:17:48 PM »

well i must say i really did enjoy that poem and i love 2 pacs song ''changes'' and i didnt really pay attention to the lyrics and now i see wot u see.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 06:56:26 PM »

The only thing is Biggy didnt write his own rhymes,but Pac did.

You are quite wrong on this one. Biggie wrote all of his own lyrics. If you don't think he did, who did? (Keep in mind I can prove he did, but I'm interested in who you think wrote his lyrics).

Why do people tend to look more at the badness in someone than the " goodness ?"
Instead of posting Pacs words (which are negative for those with no overstanding about him) in here why not look at the good he did ? Are you yourselves perfect ? So why point fingers ? Did you live his life ? Did you have to go through what he went through ? Could you wear his shoes/ fit yourself in his shoes ? Did you know Pac personally to say what you are saying ? Do you know what he thought/what he had in mind ? Do you know his reason for wrtiting those lyrics ? What positiveness is there to write about when you're living in a negative world ? Just some questions to ponder on - answer them for yourselves (I never wrote them here to be answered, but rather to adress them to yourselves).

Pac was never a true gangster. He grew up not a gangster, he danced for 2 Live Crew, not a gangster, and he adapted that lifestyle for the money. This isn't about pointing fingers, this is about being concious of what you listen to and what kids listen to. Pac's music got him killed. What was the last thing Pac did on this earth? Beat the crap out of some guy on camera. What a legacy to leave.

One

Jah bless

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 07:27:19 PM »

biggie  never wrote lyrics he would just go in the booth hear the beat and rap same with jay z thease in my opinion are the two greatest mcs but to me pac was more of a rapper he was a poet and a great one at that, the only person who comes close to pac is nas but thats my opinion
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 07:36:36 PM »

Yes, Soul-Jah, this is true about Biggie. He did write a little, but most was bits and pieces of his freestyles in the booth. Pac was definitely more talented as he did make some positive songs, Biggie just spat trash which is the easiest to rap.

One

Jah bless

prophet7

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 11:31:13 AM »

@M-Dub

First of all - Do you know what the fight was about ?

And come on, let us get serious : people have been rapping about killing each other a long time ago and no-one got killed. People have been dissing each other for a long time and no-one got killed. This never started with Biggie and Pac. It is what we call "dissing." Dissing even existed in breakdance with actions and not words. No-body got killed then, why now ? And why Biggie and Pac ?

Tupac never got killed because of his music - that is not true at all. Tupacs problems started when he shot 2 cops and that is probably another reason he wrote his name like this : 2 Pac. That is what got him killed, not his music. Tupac was talking about printing his own money, about running for president, about entering politics, about changing the Ghettos/Projects, about getting his people out and this he talked about straight forward in interviews - that is what got him killed. Biggie got killed so that it really looks like it was a West and East side thing/ a Biggie and Pac thing, but open your eyes and look further.

If you notice the police had something to do with it - that is why they never caught no-one even though they were present at both killings. At the busiest intersections where there are hundreds of police and no-one saw nothing, and the police don't have a clue - now who believes that ? If Elton John got killed there they would have found the killer. If George Michael got shot there they would find the murderer. Because these people have nothing to say, because these people do not talk against the Government, because these people do not preach truth...these people are not really saying anything with their music. Thats why. The government and the police do not feel threatened by these people, but they do so by people like Tupac and when they do so they eliminate them/ they get rid of them. That is how Malcolm X got killed too. Where was the police ? All of a sudden they were not to be found, they did not see nothing...

Don't believe what the media is putting out because they are a part of it - seen ?

P.S. I allways thought Tupac danced and rapped for the Digital Underground. Where do you get this info about the 2 Live Crew from ? Besides Tupac never ever claimed to be a Gangster - seen ? "This is Thug for Life baby..." Thugs for Life and not Gangsters. It was the movie that put him in that "Gangster" frame, but Tupac never considered himself one.

One Love
prophet7
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:40:49 AM by prophet7 »

rastamagalie

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

hi

haftrini

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 04:41:26 AM »

M-Dub,

I dig what you mean about the negativity. I used to listen to a lot of gangsta rap and was a casual Pac listener (I preferred Cypress Hill and Bone Thugz) but after reading LAbyrinth by Randall Sullivan I kinda lost some of the conception I had about how "true" every rapper is to the "game".

Tupac DID get killed cause of his music but not in the way it's put out for the public. Suge shot both Biggie and Tupac. He killed Tupac for trying to go to another label and take the rights to his songs with him. That means Suge would have lost literally millions (since all of his other rappers except Kurupt were making him almost no money). Suge had Tupac in the studio making records for literally days on end. A lot of the time he slept all week in the studio. His unreleased songs are estimated in the several hundreds! That's why he keeps coming out with posthumous albums.

I see where prophet7 is coming from. Rap has always had a confrontational side, but it got pretty heated with Pac and Biggie (or with Suge and whoever he decided he hated, I should say).

But I do have to say that even though he's right about the PD not coming up with a killer, it's also noted that the PD that were there are also all tied to the Bloods and all work security for Death Row records on the side.

Pac's death wasn't like Fred Hampton's, a clear case of racist cops murdering a black leader. Black or white, Suge, Pac, Biggie (and a few others whose names you would never recognize because they weren't rich and weren't put in the news when they were murdered by Death Row affiliates) ended up with the negative results of what they were involved in.

Pac wasn't a gangster, he was a poet. He had good insight lyrically into his domain but his personal life isn't what I would want for mine. Too much drama, not enough limin'!

We all need big ups and positive vibe whether we're black or white, rich or poor, especially in the 'hoods that back then were heated up over East and West coast rivalry.

In south Phoenix back in the day when I was in high school and this mess was in the thick of it, you could get shot over all this! Over music! Forget it. That's Babylon right there. If I'm gonna die let me die over something like the guy they made the movie Hotel Rwanda about.  

All in all, for me, Pac was a good poet with mad talent who sometimes let his personal affiliations affect his "outreach" to the youth. I like his good songs, and don't listen to the rest.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 05:08:36 AM »

And come on, let us get serious : people have been rapping about killing each other a long time ago and no-one got killed. People have been dissing each other for a long time and no-one got killed. This never started with Biggie and Pac. It is what we call "dissing." Dissing even existed in breakdance with actions and not words. No-body got killed then, why now ? And why Biggie and Pac ?

Yes they did bredren. You'd be surprised to find out how many underground rappers have died.

Tupac never got killed because of his music - that is not true at all. Tupacs problems started when he shot 2 cops and that is probably another reason he wrote his name like this : 2 Pac. That is what got him killed, not his music. Tupac was talking about printing his own money, about running for president, about entering politics, about changing the Ghettos/Projects, about getting his people out and this he talked about straight forward in interviews - that is what got him killed. Biggie got killed so that it really looks like it was a West and East side thing/ a Biggie and Pac thing, but open your eyes and look further.

Bredren, you just supported completely what I said. Tupac was talking about changing the ghettos, printing his own money, politics, etc. in his music. This was dangerous to the evil entities of the earth so he was exterminated. He was killed because of his music.

If you notice the police had something to do with it - that is why they never caught no-one even though they were present at both killings. At the busiest intersections where there are hundreds of police and no-one saw nothing, and the police don't have a clue - now who believes that ? If Elton John got killed there they would have found the killer. If George Michael got shot there they would find the murderer. Because these people have nothing to say, because these people do not talk against the Government, because these people do not preach truth...these people are not really saying anything with their music. Thats why. The government and the police do not feel threatened by these people, but they do so by people like Tupac and when they do so they eliminate them/ they get rid of them. That is how Malcolm X got killed too. Where was the police ? All of a sudden they were not to be found, they did not see nothing...

Seen! You speak the truth Idren!

P.S. I allways thought Tupac danced and rapped for the Digital Underground. Where do you get this info about the 2 Live Crew from ? Besides Tupac never ever claimed to be a Gangster - seen ? "This is Thug for Life baby..." Thugs for Life and not Gangsters. It was the movie that put him in that "Gangster" frame, but Tupac never considered himself one.

I stand corrected.

One

Jah bless

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 04:22:51 PM »

HAFTRINI
I agree fully if you check tupacs works before death row
you can see the change in direction not to mention quallity
its a sad fact though most youth havent heard tupacs material before death row,its similar to what happend with nas after illmatic 5 straight commercial albums before re discovering his roots and putting out stillmatic,godson,the lost tapes,and streets disciple which are all classics i believe pac would have done the same if he was still here
check out this on pacs murder   http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/tupac/
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 06:08:02 PM »

I disagree that godson, the lost tapes and street disciples are "classics". Nas is confused. One second he's rapping about conciousness, the next he's rapping about "bitches" and "ice" and "rocking furs" etc.

One

Jah bless

irieman

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 12:02:31 PM »

That ain't being confused that's being human. Everybody has an angel and a devil inside of him or her. For people in the ruff city live (ghetto or whatever "danger zone") the difference slowley fades. They now what is good but at the same time there environment forces them to live a wicked life, they need to do what they have to too survive (the rules of the streets). So that's why in the songs of rappers you hear the devil speak one time and the angel the other time.

The older you get the more wisedom you gain... then there music change

Jah Bless

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »

Nothing forces you to live an evil life, everything in this world is from choice. Nas is setting a confusing example for children. From a childs view, they're understanding "I can be righteous and get expensive furs, flashy cars, jewellery, beautiful women, guns, etc"

I agree that no one is perfect, however Nas rarely points out the evil things he raps about are to be avoided or how to overcome. Nas doesn't rap about Africa, he actually isn't very political or concious except for a line or two in each song. His negativity far outweighs his positivity. There are better artists with better messages out there. Why eat regular food when you can eat I-tal?

One

Jah bless

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 06:50:09 PM »

yu mun i cant stand nas he says tupac was like a brother to me, but in actual fact in most of tupacs songs he disses nas. also nas has tried to be religious lately quite embarasing listening to his lyrics.
peace jah love

forget deh rap listen fi roots rock reggae
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.