Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Emperor Hailie Selassie  being God  (Read 7008 times)

SeekingTruth

Emperor Hailie Selassie  being God
« on: January 17, 2005, 07:11:21 PM »

It is my understanding that some Rastafarians say that they know that Emperor Hailie Selassie is God. I would like someone to share with me the basis for this knowledge through scripture.

Thank you and God Bless

Sunshine

Re: Emperor Hailie Selassie  being God
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 07:48:33 PM »

well its like this,

The human kind has slowly become aware of his precense on this earth and his influence on it, it also had learnt how to to explainhis soul and blood in words so it can be easier for future generations to understand the life and task that has been given to them. This process had been taking on for at least more than 500000 Years before christ. My father always tells me that a great invention isnt the work of one men it a bucket of water that slowly fills up with knowledge and after many drops and attemps the bucket is full and the water goes out of the bucket and than the invention or True sollution for the problem is there.

So in the case of sellasie it was about how to make the world one, many philosephers had tried it and many churches tried to convert people to there believes and ideals. But there was one men who saw it the best, who truly looked towards who we humans are and he philosophysed the best overall believe for all humans to live for to create oneness in the earth and in ouresellfs.

Like god, like you always wish god in the sky would arrange everything for you, or that you believe in him and then everything would be right. Only this men saw it with the eyes of reality and the ears of truth.

But the story isnt over yet. Because when the black angel spoke it was for the white one to listen and he has heard his call..

and thats why selassie was god. he was the supreme chief honesty and thinking for all humans. and shared his knowledge the way it would be easy for people to understand it and why it has to be that way...

he only needed proof. and bob marley and companions were giving that truth with a nice honest gentile nature and philosophys. strongly hooked to the words of selassie I.

And now im giving it..    

but there is still some magic that you have to understand and believe and then You have unlocked Zion infront of youre eyes its only that all live Human live have to be like it to...

See the Rainbow of accomplished goals on the Horizon.  

SeekingTruth

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:03:09 PM »

I'm sorry can you please elaborate more on your explanation? I'm really looking for some Biblical proofs of Emperor Selassie's divinity and how he plays a role in the salvation of all human being's (if he does at all).

Canadian

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 02:18:04 PM »

Just to start:

"Glorious things are spoken of thee, oh City of God, I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: Behold Philistia, and Tyre; with Ethiopia; this man was born there." Psalms 87:3-4

"And he hath on the vesture and on his thigh a name written, King of Kings and Lord of Lords." Rev. 19:16

"And I saw an angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book and loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much .... and one of the elders said unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David had prevailed to open the book and to loose the seals thereof." Rev. 5:2-5

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair on his head like pure wool." Daniel 7:9

Also, Revelation 17:14, 19:11-16; Psalms 21, 68, 87, 109; Isaiah 9:6, 54:17; Genesis 49:9-10.

CanuckRasta

SeekingTruth

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 05:42:42 PM »

Dear Canuck Rasta

Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate the sacrifice of time and energy you made to provide me with this information.  I have responded to each of the scriptures you've provided me with and I would appreciate if you could respond to them.

Glorious things are spoken of thee, oh City of God, I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: Behold Philistia, and Tyre; with Ethiopia; this man was born there." Psalms 87:3-4

1. I've read the aforementioned Psalm and it seems to me that it is a boast about how much God prefers the city of Zion over all other cities. Verse 2 of this Psalm states "The Lord loves the gates of Zion More than all the dwellings of Jacob" (probably because His temple resides there).  Verse 3 goes on to say that "Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God! Selah" therefore establishing the context for verses 4 and 5 which describe the 'glorious' things people will say about Zion.  Verse 4 is a boast saying 'Look at this Rahab and Babylon. Look at how awsome this is Philistia, Tyre and Ethiopia, this one was born her'. This verse is not talking about a specific person but about anyone who was born in Zion.  Verse 5 emphasizes this point "This one and that one were born in her, And the Most High Himself shall establish her." When the scripture says 'this one and that one' it is talking about people in general and not making reference to a specific person. Verses 6 and 7 reiterate this point when it says that God will make note of whoever was born in Zion.  

"And he hath on the vesture and on his thigh a name written, King of Kings and Lord of Lords." Rev. 19:16

2. I believe that this scripture is speaking about Jesus Christ. I say this because Verse 13 of the same chapter says "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Considering that Jesus Christ is the only One who who died for our sins and it is His blood that atones for our sins and that He is called the Word of God in John 1:14 I will have to conclude that person being talked about throughout this chapter is Jesus Christ .

"And I saw an angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book and loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much .... and one of the elders said unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David had prevailed to open the book and to loose the seals thereof." Rev. 5:2-5

3. It is made clear in the following verses the Lamb of God is the one of whom the elder was speaking of to God.  Since Jesus Christ is the only person ever referred to as the 'Lamb of God' (John 1:29) I can't see how Ras Tafari plays a part in this scripture.

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair on his head like pure wool." Daniel 7:9

4. If we compare the above scripture to Revelation 1:9-19 we will find that Jesus Christ is being spoken of in both instances.  Verses 17 and 18 highlight this fact.

Revelation 17:14

5. Again, Jesus Christ is the only one who died for our sins as the Lamb of God (see John 1:29)

Revelations 19:11-16

6. See notes on Revelation 19:16

Genesis 49:9-10.

7.  Verse 11 of the same chapter reads "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" If you compare this scripture to Matt 21:5 I think you will find that Jesus Christ is being spoke of in both instances.

I will read the rest of the scriptures later but I would appreciate if you could respond to my notes and comments. Thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions.  I look forward to hearing from you, and others soon.

Sincerely, SeekingTruth
God Bless
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:44:46 PM by SeekingTruth »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 09:03:13 PM »

haile selassie being the truth of jesus christ makes the scripture apply to either
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 02:45:51 AM »

what you call jesus and i call rastafari are the same thing.

Canadian

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:51:18 AM »

You are very welcome SeekingTruth.  I will have more as I dig them out of my files - I have collected close to thirty articles on Rastafari, plus some other tidbits off this forum and others, as well as some items I have written personally.  I certainly don’t have as much as some, but I do have something on most aspects of Rasta.

Here are my responses:

1.  I agree with you on this one.  Just a quick point, most Rastas tend to use the word Zion to refer to Ethiopia and/or Africa.  However, I do not know if that would affect the passage.

2.  The comment made by elijah would apply to this one – I would concur with him as well.  Are you Christian?  Personally, Christians and Rastas differ on the concept of I-yesos Kristos based on a perception issue.  For the most part, Rastas perceive Jesus as being embodied in His Imperial Majesty.  This is not to say that we do not believe r recognize Christ, we just view him differently.  Therefore, the quote refers to Christ and Selassie.

3.  See number 2.

4.  I am impressed with your response.  Usually people would say the reference to his hair refers to colour.

5 – 7.  Same as 2.

Another note: I myself have not looked at the last few references I gave you.  I pulled most of these out of articles.  I also have a series of scrip refs (scriptural references) regarding the Davidic Covenant but I feel that would be more relevant in a separate thread.

CanuckRasta

SeekingTruth

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »

I thank you all for your various responses and I am happy that we can discuss this topic in a respectful manner.  Yes Canuck Rasta I am a Christian and I am aware that we view things quite differently.  However, I believe that since we are reading the same God-Inspired book we should be able to a reasonable agreement on what the Truth is since God only provides one Truth for us all to live by.  

In response to Elijah, if Emperor Hailie Selassie and Jesus Christ are one in the same how is it that final judgement hasn't come yet?  I ask this because Jesus was very clear in Matthew 24 about what would happen when He comes back. None of the events described in this chapter have happened yet therefore I cannot see how Emperor Hailie Selassie is Jesus Christ.  Please explain.

God bless you all and I look forward to your responses.

Sincerely, Seeking Truth

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 04:04:57 AM »

these things are beyond my understanding, the future seems quite maliallable, but i wouldnt put it past the emporer to have broken the  seals.  

SeekingTruth

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 04:21:26 AM »

Elijah, thank you for responding.  I'm going to have to disagree with you though.  This is why: God's Word is not maliable. The Bible says that God is infallible (He does not change) Mal 3:6 and that when He says something is going to happen, it's going to happen Isa 55:10-11. I believe that in this case saying that this matter is beyond your understanding will not suffice as an explanation due to the highlighted scriptures.

I look forward to hearing from you

Sincerely, Seeking Truth

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 05:35:37 AM »

i will back you in saying that gods will is not maliable since such is what i infer by your faith in his "word"
whether i explaintion is suffeint is beside the point

SeekingTruth

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 05:50:11 AM »

Elijah I'm affraid I do not understand what you mean.

SeekingTruth

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 04:02:06 PM »

Can anyone please give me any Biblical proof of Emperor Hailie Selassie's Divinity or an explanation of how he is Jesus Christ(if you believe this latter point)? More importantly, I would like to know how Emperor Hailie Selassie's life was in anyway integral to our salvation.

I would really appreciate your responses.

Sincerely, SeekingTruth

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 10:34:05 PM »

dem search fe signs.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.