Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rastafarian goals  (Read 2603 times)

Rastafarian goals
« on: January 26, 2005, 04:04:05 AM »

just wondering what are the main goals and purposes for Rastafarian. Like in Christianity it's to go to heaven and live a good life. Buddhism is to be enlightened and to help the needy. Rastafarian? please help me out here!!

newrasta

Re: Rastafarian goals
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 04:16:10 AM »

In Rasta, I and I main goal is to love. I and I do not hate, I and I do not judge. I and I are one with Jah. That is our goals, to stay pure, and be one with Jah for life and forever. You should ask Ark I, xx pink pixie xx, and especially Rasta Nick, I think Nick is the wisest one here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 04:18:33 AM by newrasta »

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 04:39:06 AM »

cool thnx man. I know alot of my friends who say they're rasta are only saying that as an excuse to go smoke herb. I always knew that that couldn't be it so i'm here to learn more

newrasta

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 04:46:34 AM »

Cool, just keep learning and you'll know if rasta is for you. Ask the people I mentioned any question and they'll drown you in information and wisdom.

EmpressGong

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:49:45 AM »

i find it funny that people say rastafari is  an "excuse" to smoke ganja...rastafari cant do it legally so how it get an excuse!!!??? [smiley=tongue.gif]

TO BECOME ONE WITH JAH..TO KNOW JAH...TO LOVE JAH..PUT JAH FIRST IN INI LIFE..TO BE ONE WITH ALL JAH CREATION..

TO REALISE THE REALITY OF JAH DWELLING INSIDE

SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION

TO AWAKEN THE AFRIKAN CONSCIOUSNESS..ROOTS AWARENESS..PURPOSE AND BEGINNIN OF LIFE TO ALLOW I TO SEE CLEARLY THE PATH FOR THE REST OF I LIFE

well in my experience and in my life growing up knowing rastafari and then living rastafari in the caribbean for me these are some of the basic goals/tenets of rastafari

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 05:08:28 AM »

I also herad that rastafarians are one of the 7 lost tribes of israel. Would that make it a branch off of judaism?Is any of this true? [smiley=huh.gif]

EmpressGong

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 05:13:44 AM »

what do u mean one of the 7 lost tribes of israel?
in the sect twelve tribes of israel it is said that all rastafari are descendents of the 12 tribes of israel and each birthmonth is affiliated with a particular tribe..for ex november is the tribe of gad...july is the tribe of judah...it depends on the date u were born within the month and the hebrew calendar..there is a thread about that elsewhere

but cud u explain more?

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 07:20:33 AM »

Im sorry. I wish I could. All i know is that when i asked my mom about Rastafarian she said that all she knew was that they were one of the 7 lost tribes of Israel. thats as much as i know.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 07:23:10 AM by 1984 »

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 19 queries.