Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Bob Marley. What kind of cancer  (Read 11058 times)

Buffalo_Solider

Bob Marley. What kind of cancer
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:31:02 PM »

what kind of cancer did bob marley die of

newrasta

Re: Bob Marley. What kind of cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:12:18 AM »

I read a biography on Bob on the net and some more articles and stories and what I read is he died of a cancer that spread through his body to some vital places. To make a long story short here it is:

He recently received a gift from the former head of CIA's son, a pair of shoes, shortly after he developed cancer in his toe. Some say he got the cancer from a recent football injury he suffered, and some say that the CIA had messed with the shoes and virally gave him the cancer (I believe the shoe one, because how can a football injury cause cancer).

Well, it was a while until he went to the doctor to check it out. He was diagnosed with toe cancer. They tried to get rid of it, and they did.

Some time later, he went back to the doctor for a check up and he was then diagnosed with lung and brain cancer, because (my guess) the toe cancer spread to his lungs (and the smoking didn't help), and from there to his brain which eventually killed him. [smiley=cry.gif]

Read CIA's Involvement with Bob on this forum and there are some details on there that make you think.

EmpressGong

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:04:40 AM »

bob died of melanoma [spelling?] which is a cancer usually in caucasians not black but becuz he was biracial hey what r the odds..however it all started with his toe

newrasta

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 06:08:57 AM »

that's true, I believe his dad was white.

EmpressGong

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 06:28:16 AM »

yep he was

BLING_BLAOH

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 08:08:16 PM »

In 1977 while playing football in Paris, France, Bob Marley was tackled. The nail on his right toe came off. He used all kinds of ointment to help it heal, but it just wouldn't. It was so bad that he literally had to pour blood out of his boot backstage. He finally went to the doctor where he was diagnosed with toe cancer. He had the choice to have his toe amputated, but he said no because it was against the Rastafarian beliefs (no cuts shall be made into the flesh). But he did have the toe cleaned. The toe was made "cancer free" and it healed. 3 years later in 1980, he went for a jog with one of his friends in Madison Square Garden. Soon after wards, Bob had a seizure and collapsed. He was then taken to a nearby hospital where he learned that the cancer that was in his toe had spread to his lungs and his brain. The doctors said he had so much cancer in his body that he was lucky to be alive.  [smiley=shocked.gif] Bob had two cancer tumors inside of him and each one was about the side of a ping pong ball. So the cancer was inoperable. He was treated with chemotherapy and his locks started to come out in his hands in big lumps. But even though he was going through all of this, Bob was still Bob telling jokes and things. Bob fought the disease for eight months until the doctors gave up. He was flown to Miami, Fla on May 3, 1981. On the morning of May 11, Bob said his finally good-byes. He shook his mother's hand and then he closed his eyes. And that was when he passed on.  [smiley=cry.gif]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:11:54 PM by BLING_BLAOH »

newrasta

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 04:26:32 AM »

Exactly, good work. But one more thing to add, he wanted to fly to Jamaica from Miami, but was too weak and he remained there. Later his body was flown to Jamaica and buried there, and now he was flown to Ethiopia and buried there. Jah bless him, he went through so much. He did so much for the world with his inspiring music and words...what a way to go. [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 04:27:28 AM by newrasta »

Reed

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 06:06:58 AM »

http://rootzreggae.com/Rootz-Reggae/MarleyBluntQuestions.htm

Yea, this is the link to one of the articles newrasta was talking about.  

More fire!  

newrasta

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 06:12:18 AM »

I think it probably is, I can't recall the exact URL.

restyC

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 03:41:22 AM »

Oh, it is sad to know that Bob is one of the cancer victims.     It is really harmful that cancer in our life.     I guess if we diagnose with cancer we shouldn’t ignore it.     We must have treatment immediately that we could surely cure.   

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:43:38 AM by restyC »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

Oh, it is sad to know that Bob is one of the cancer victims.

You can't put that on Bob, he was always one to push on through. When it's time to go it is time to go. His work was over.

Give thanks for Berhane Selassie, all the way from trenchtown back-a-wall rising up to international stardom.

Who ever teach the world about rasta like Bob?

some cancer ye? wicked

Bob felt the urgency of the message. No time for folly or rest.
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." Matt 16:25

Page created in 1.101 seconds with 21 queries.